CHAPTER -12-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

He stares at my lips then his eyes travel to my eyes. "It's been too long since I've seen you and I was beginning to think you're hiding from me."

"Boy ain't no one hiding from you," I say quickly taking in how built he is in his grey suit with his hair and beard neatly done.

"Who you calling a boy." He walks up to me and I take a step back but my back hit the glass showcase window. He places one hand on the glass close to my head. I gulp and my heart quicken, he takes his other hand placing it under my chin and tilts my head to face him. I swear I soak my underwear, his eyes a shade darker pierce into mine. His face was calm but yet serious. His lips almost brush mine when he speaks again, "I'm no boy." He braces his hardening length against my tummy. Goosebumps takes over my skin and we didn't even have skin to skin contact I visually tremble and he smirks liking the effect he has on me. If he only knew how much more of an effect he had on me. I wonder what his reaction would be.

He leans into my ears, "with the way your heart is beating, you biting your lips and clamping your thighs, I'm sure you know no boy can do that." My heart pound in my ears and he pull away from my ears but still brace me. My body is not only balls of flames, my core throbs and I lose my thighs and lean onto him. His cologne fills my senses and I shamelessly wanted to jump his bones in this store, right here, right now.

However, trying to use some sort of rational thinking I lean into his ears "when I see evidence of your bite I will know you're not only all bark. I will say no more." I wink at him. He growls and it rumbles in his chest and his length twitches against me. Holly hell this man can get it.

"Miss Washington that day is soon approaching and when I get my hands on you, you will see the difference between men and boys." He says quietly and I shiver as his breath fans my cheek and heat burns my neck and cheeks. I am both excited and nervous "you're using a lot of words but I'm not seeing works, Mr Granger."

"You are bold miss Washington but I will make you believe me."

"Do it Mr Granger I just want to feel it in my bones," I smirk up at him.

"Trust me this is not the time or place."

"Words Mr Granger they are just words."

He chuckles and step back from me "I will be sure to make you talk differently. Trust me I have the patience to wait" and with that, he walks away from me walking up to the counter and says something to the sales clerk. They both look back at me. He winks and walks out of the store putting his hands in his pocket. I watch him stride so effortlessly down the corridor with his bodyguard and hands still in his pocket. Where did he come from, I didn't even see him, next thing I know we are pressed up against the showcase window.

It takes me a few minutes to contain myself before I walk up to the clerk and ask her to assist me with the dress. After trying it on and peering it with gold shoes and accessories. I hand over my debit card and she refused to say "Mr Granger said everything is on his tab." "Are you sure," "yes ma'am he says whatever you want and he told us to wrap this for you." She hands over a flat white box wrapped in red ribbon.

I didn't know what to say so I collect my bags, thank the clerk and walk out of the store. As I'm about to walk out of the mall Zoriah call. "Hi" I answer placing my phone between my ears and shoulder trying to juggling my bags and talk.

"I'm leaving work now, you still want to go shopping."

"I'm out at the mall now you can pick me up or I can catch a cab."

"You remember I have to pass the mall to get home, are you finish."

"Yes I have everything I need and I'm walking out of the mall as we speak."

"I'm on my way." She cut the call and I place my phone in my shopping bag and continue to walk out of the building.

No sooner Zoriah pulls up and I place my bags in the back seat and enter the passenger side putting on my seat belt.

"Why didn't you wait on me" and I blush looking out the window. "Tell me what happened, I want the juicy details because it must be something to make you blush."

"I met him at the mall a few minutes ago."

"No way, did you jump his bones."

"Nope but I almost did."

"Damn, I missed it." She hunches her shoulders and hit her steering wheel and we both laugh at her outburst.

I told Zoriah everything that happens from the moment I was promoted to shopping in the mall. She stops her car in the middle of the street jump out of the car and opens the passenger side door pulling me out. She hugs me and screams jumping up and down until horns were blaring at us to move. We get back into the car and drives off heading home.

Placing the bags in my closet I open the box the store clerk give to me and my mouth fell open. It's a rose gold necklace with a ruby diamond in the centre. There was a note in the box I quickly open it and read it out loud. "You are a ruby diamond fierce and on fire" I smile placing the necklace back into the box. I change, brush my teeth and shower. I pull on my short shorts and hoodie. I decide to text Steph to make sure he studied. He quickly replies saying he revising and I leave him to it as a yarn escapes my lips. Today was eventful and I can't wait for tomorrow.

The next day I sleep in late and didn't bother to get out of bed until noon. I brush my teeth, shower and dress in simple jeans and hoddie. I want to trim my hair and add a little highlight for the party. I made breakfast well more like lunch but since Zoriah isn't up its breakfast. I eat and did a light clean up. I didn't bother to call Zoriah because she likes to read on a weekend and I don't like bothering her when she's nose deep into a story. I call a taxi and left a note on the refrigerator for her.

After three hours at the saloon. I came home to Zoriah watching a movie and reading a book. How she does it is beyond me. I need full concentration when I'm reading especially if it's juicy.

I brought pizza con patate. I hand one over to Zoriah, she introduces me to these and we buy practically every weekend. It's pizza with potato and it tastes incredible every thought I doubt it at first. I didn't think it was possible for this combo to taste good but it did. The clock soon strikes four and I hurry and shower. I did my makeup going full runway model, red carpet style. I did my lashes after how many years, glamorous dark red eyes shadow, with gold for a trimming, blush cheeks and full contour of my chin and forehead. I'm pleased after looking at myself in the mirror. I put on my dress, shoes and accessories. I wear the necklace DeMarcus bought me and place my phone and tissue in my purse. I give myself a final look in the mirror and I'm ready to go. I spray my Gucci bloom cologne that I only use on special occasions. I dab my wrist, behind my ears and few sprays to my upper body. When I walk out of my closet Zoriah is sitting on my bed. Her eyes almost pop when she sees me. "You clean up nicely. I'm so jealous, I should be hanging out with the rich people not only banking their money." I giggle at her "trust me if this wasn't by invitation only we would be all dressed and giving those celebrities a run for their money." She laughs and snaps a few pictures of me. "I'm the supervisor now next one you're definitely coming with me." Just as I'm about to call Alfred he calls says he's leaving home now. I call a taxi and Zoriah and I walk out of my room and out of the front door.

As we wait for the taxi, I made Zoriah snap a few more pictures and here come the taxi. I enter not before hugging my home wife goodbye.

I pull up to the venue and it's beautiful the red carpet is laid out while security and the media are on point. As Alfred and I hand over our tickets we are scan and the coordinator request our names and ID. After all the necessary precautions and permission we finally walk down the red carpet with the light of the camera almost blinding me before I reach the entrance. I stumble close to the door and strong arms caught me before I hit the floor.

Goosebumps immediately surge my shoulders and arms the moment his hands make contact with my skin. I look up into those beautiful familiar brown eyes and smile.