CHAPTER -20-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

One thing about DeMarcus and I's relationship we were always friends. No matter how flirty or how much we may joke around and tease each other there was always this comforting bond between us. Throughout this time we haven't had a serious conversation. we hadn't talked about the past years, his parents or anything for that matter. I want the conversation to take place but on my time when I'm truly ready to dive that deep.

Dad is sitting on the porch reading the newspaper when I walk up to him. "Can I steal your attention a little?"

"Sure can, what's on your mind."

"I want to buy a new house for you and mom in a residential area with an open backyard so you can continue your gardening."

"I'm perfectly happy in this house."

"I know mom is too but hear me out. I want to make you and mom comfortable in a self-contained room for your advancing age and somewhere safer where I don't worry all day every day because I'm not here. You're the only parents I'm going to ever have and I don't want to drive myself crazy thinking about you guys."

"You know it's the parents who are supposed to worry about their child."

"I know but I can't help worry about you. So please oblige me this once."

"So you have this thought out and ready to go."

"I do, I hand my phone over showing him the two properties I had in mind."

"Looks good but I want to see it in person."

"Not a problem, I have a realtor she's going to come by next week to take you and mom over. I will be on video the entire time and we will iron out the details once you choose the one you like. And as a bonus, I will throw in a weekend every month with Steph."

"Only if he sleeps over we have a deal."

"Then it's a deal."

"I will miss this house but I will carry its memory."

"Well since you own the property we don't have to sell we can keep it."

"If I sell, I can give you the down payment for the new house."

"Dad, I don't need it, I've saved for this and I have budgeted myself to clear all expenses on the new house. I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't plan for it. I've been making better financial decisions dad I've lived and I've learned."

"I can see it in you. Just remember all I said before."

"I will dad."

"Mom, mom" Steph runs out of the house, "where is Mr Granger." He asks.

"He left a moment ago, he said to tell you, he will call you once he's back in Italy." He nods and walks further out on the porch "grandpa please don't forget to call me once my seedling is ready to transfer."

"I will son, let me so freshen up I will see you before you leave."

"Come talk to me Steph, he walks over to the seat next to me taking a seat."

"What's up mom"

"Well for starters this is my last visit for this year because of the cruise."

"Are you sad mom, I can come with you instead."

"It's ok baby, I understand and no I'm not sad. I'm happy at the opportunity you're going to have."

"Are you going to be alone for Christmas?"