CHAPTER -47-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I lay in my hospital bed and as my examination is going on I send a quiet prayer for my unborn child.

"Ok, miss Washington typically implantation bleeding is a small amount of light spotting or bleeding that occurs about 10 to 14 days after conception which is normal."

"Implantation bleeding however is thought to happen when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus.  usually, it occurs around the time you would expect to have a menstrual period. However, this bleeding is lighter than menstrual bleeding and since you have passed your 10 to 14 days when this should occur I will keep you overnight for observation."

I nod in understanding, "I will let the nurse do two other checks during the night just to be on the safe side. The ultrasound looks good and everything is on track."

"Thank you...." I say trying to calm my pounding heart.

"The fetus is in its sack and looks to be doing well."

"Your blood pressure, however, is above the normal rate and I do not want to alarm you but we need to get it down and without medication at this point."

"Cindy I need you to be calm and no stressor your baby is fine all I need is for its mummy to be fine."

I nod in understanding as tears prick my eyes.

"I know you are emotional and your emotions will let your mind spiral out of control but your baby is doing fine look at the monitor see for yourself."

I look over at the screen and burst into a fit of exhaustion tears as I see my pea. I could not hold it, my heart aches and my emotions are running wild and high. As I see my baby is doing well the tension in my body burst slowly. I pull my blows over my nose crying out the pent up emotions I feel.

"See everything will be alright if you just relax." says doctor Andries trying to calm me down. "Breathe Cindy you and baby will be alright."

I cry my heart's content feeling the tension in my body releasing. I nod removing my clothes from my face and wiping my face. "Get it all out because no more crying for the rest of the day." Doctor Andries say.

I nod being unable to speak "I want you to signal the nurse if you feel any discomfort, any at all you hear me, Cindy."

"Ok doc," I say as she removes the transducer. She clears the gel from my tummy and leaves the room leaving me to rest. I cannot handle a scare like this, and this being DeMarcus and I love child I especially do not want to lose my pea no matter what happens. I release a deep breath closing my eyes.

"Are you sleeping?" I hear a whisper coming from the doorway a few minutes later.

"Come in, I was just about to go freshen up," I say.

"How's our pea doing," asks Allison.

"Good so far, only my blood pressure is a little above the normal rate."

"Girl you give me a scare when Allison called me," says Zoriah.

"I was in a scare but I am praying everything is alright."

"Everything will be alright," say Zoriah taking a seat on the recliner at my bedside. Allison did the same on its arm after she hugged me. "What is that," I say sitting up noticing Zoriah's finger.

"Vincent proposed last weekend when we returned from New York."

"Why didn't you tell us," I ask.