CHAPTER -35-

HAPPY READING 🥰

WARNING ⚠️ MATURE SCENE BELOW READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. (18+)

Cindy Washington

Decisions, decisions. I wasn't expecting the type of offer sir Prada place before me. It is great, a really, really great offer not to mention the opportunity that comes with it. Not only that it's back in New York.  Here I am two days later and I don't know what to do.

How do I make this decision, I love my family back home; mom and dad are getting ready to move into their new home in the new year which is four days away. Steph has a family with siblings that he loves; what would he choose being home alone with me or being in a house full of laughter and much more love and people around.

Then there is DeMarcus and me. His headquarter is here in Italy and I've fallen in love with him again. My brain has been a ticking time bomb for the past two days and I don't even know how to tell DeMarcus about it. I wonder what he is going to say. He's a very optimistic person and all for self-development and enhancement.

The opportunity sir Prada offers is really good for knowledge and experience purposes but it's not what I want in the end. There will be lots of travelling which is good but I can also do that here with DeMarcus as well. The pay is double what I'm making at kindle and my column will double in output and more than triple in income.

Decisions, decisions, sitting in my office wrapping up my last report of the year and I don't know what to do. I sigh.

Things are going so good with DeMarcus and now this happens, I don't know how this will play out. Me, him and an opportunity of a lifetime.

"Ma'am, ma'am"

Only then did I realize Allison is in my office, standing in front of me.

"Huh"

"Ma'am you've been really out of it lately, is everything alright."

I look up at her and tilt my head to the side my Allison is getting brave.

"It's ok Allison, I just have a lot on my mind."

"If you shear it with me, it's half solved my mom would say."

"Smart woman your mom. But it's ok, what's that" I ask pointing to the mail in her hand and trying to change the conversation.

"Oh sorry, it's why I'm here."

"No need to apologize, sit." She looks at me puzzled for a few seconds. then look at the chair then back at me. "It's ok Allison you can sit. I told you I don't eat people and I don't know why you're so anxious around me all the time."

"Ma'am, I struggle with ADHD. I can't help my impulsive nerves."

"Ok, deep breaths and try to make eye contact with people it will help once you see people aren't out to hurt you."

"My therapist says slow steady breaths but it's been a challenge."

"Everything in life is a challenge, you just have to breathe and keep moving."

"Ma'am"

"Yes"

"I admire you, how confident but friendly you are and when we mess up here you're bold and straight with us. Wish I can..... you know." She says, she doesn't know the days I hadn't any and only keep moving, putting one foot in front of the other.

"You can, just don't over-process the situation. I know that will be a challenge for you but I know you can do it."

"My boyfriend says I have to stop fussing and worrying my little head."