CHAPTER -6-

HAPPY READING🥰

Cindy Washington

We made our way to the Vip section with DeMarcus bodyguard leading the way.

Never had I thought I would see DeDe again. (Cindy nickname for DeMarcus) The day he moved away we promise to stay in touch but the long-distance wrecked us. The first eight months of calling and texting each other we both fell into a comfortable silence and eventually our relationship, friendship and conversation died. We became too busy in our day to day life and we grow up and apart from each other.

Now I'm sitting here in front of him and he has a bodyguard and this full bad boy persona around him.

"I never thought I'd see you again," I say to him.

"For what it's worth I never stop missing you, Cindy."

"Boy please, you must have all the honey lined up at your door. You didn't have a chance to remember me."

He chuckles a deep manly rumble from his throat and his chest vibrates I must admit it's sexy.

"You haven't changed."

"Please ain't a boy or girl in the world can change me." I wave him off getting comfortable in my seat.

"You into those now."

"Into what?" I scrunch my nose up as he relaxes into his plush chair. He signals his finger to one of the guards standing behind him and whispers something to him to which the guard walks off and I'm still amazed that my DeDe is a grown man with authority. "You into girls," he says blankly.

"Sorry to disappoint but I love my back broken," I smirk at him.

"Can I" he smirks at me. "I don't run around with boys," I say.

"Do you see a boy sitting in front of you? Trust me I'm a long long way from high school."

I laugh, "bold much huh."

"Only for you miss Washington," he says with a straight face.

"So mister man, you're like a celebrity or what. Why the guards and the mysterious dark persona? What did I miss all these years?"

He chuckles again and this time it vibrates his chest and shoulders.

"Tell me about you. Now that your husband is out of the picture what are you up to." He's being too evasive and elusive he's answering my questions with questions and my curiosity is on high alert. What has he been up to all these years?

"What now? How did you know I'm married?"

"Correction was married and I know everything," he says confidently.

"No, you don't know everything because you don't know me, mister sir," I smirk at him. The persona he carries so well in front of me, I'm believing he knows a lot more than he's saying.

He chuckles for the third time at my response and if he keeps that up I will surely explode in my seat.

"I know a lot of things miss Washington and was waiting patiently for you to come to me and here you are." He says looking deadly into my eyes.

"I see you are still the cocky bastard I use to know. So full of yourself, mister Granger."

"Trust me I know you," he whispers but I hear him. The VIP section doesn't have music but the vibrations can be heard all around the room.

I laugh a little nervous as to what he knows and why all the suspense and what the big mystery with him.

"Tell me, Cindy, when last....."

He is cut off by his bodyguard walking back into the private section placing a champagne glass and expensive bottles of wine Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits on the table in front of me and pour half a glass.

I pick up my glass taking a sip, this must be a night of the past because all my past is showing up tonight. Some may be pleasantly and others not so much. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying myself as I wait on the girls and catch up with DeMarcus. Someone once told me the past may come to haunt and put you at ease. Unless you find a way to work out the problem or let them go. I didn't understand at first but now I know.

After all these years we can fall into easy conversation as before. Back in high school, he was on the debate team and he always had a way with words. I look over at him and he is looking at me intently as if studying my next thought.

I take a sip of my drink and place the glass on the table. Zoriah and Paola walk into the room sitting next to me. I introduce them to DeMarcus and he shakes both of theirs hands.

"It's getting late, can we go. I need my beauty sleep tomorrow for the workweek." Says Zoriah.

I check my time to see it's 2:25 am and I couldn't believe the time has already gone this late. "Yeah let's go I didn't realise it's this late."

I turn to DeMarcus "it's time for me to go. It's is so nice meeting up with you."

"Did you drive here?"

"No, we take a taxi."

"Perfect I will let my driver take you. I can't leave now but I will check in to make sure you reach safety."

We exchange numbers and he walks us out heading to the parking lot following DeMarcus driver. He watches as we drive off and I can see his retreat body walking back into the club.

The drive home is pretty much quiet as I sit in the front seat still can't believe I meet up with DeMarcus. I didn't even know he was in this country because he moved away to Columbia and now my eyes have beheld him.

The driver takes Paola home first them Zoriah and me to my apartment with my direction. We went to our rooms ending the night.

As soon as I clean off my makeup I change and went under the cover. My eyes soon close and sleep overtake me.

Sunday went by pretty quietly and quickly. I did my laundry, light cleaning around the house and prepare for work on Monday. Zoriah went home around midday and I'm currently sitting in the living room contemplating my next move.

My phone rings and it's Steph. "Hi, Steph how are you."

"I'm good mom good evening, can we swap holidays this Christmas"

"How does this swap work?"

"I don't want to make you mad."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Is just....." He pauses. "You can tell me, I promise not to get mad."

"Dad and uncle Brian are planning to go on a cruise for Christmas and I don't want to miss it because I'm in Italy."

"Why would I be mad if you want to go?"

"Can we swap please?"

"What do I get in return?"

"You will get spring break with me, grandma and granddad."

I laugh "what a compromise, ok we can work it out, I will call your father."

"You promise mom, don't tell him I told you."

"I promise, so your father didn't talk to you about the cruise."

No, I overheard him talking to uncle Brian.

"Steph what did I say about ears dropping," I say sternly.

"I know mom but if I didn't hear them talking I wouldn't be able to barter with you or go on this cruise."

"I know how much you love boats and I will talk to your father. I can't guarantee anything though."

"Yes! Mom, you're the best. Thank you."

"You are welcome, so you know to barter huh."

"Yes, mom we did a presentation on it last Friday at school."

"Tell me about your presentation and what you barter."

For the rest of the phone call, Steph told me about the barter system used before coins and notes were introduced. We talk for an hour and a half before I hang up and went to bed.