CHAPTER -39-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I have changed. I am changing with each new day, trying every way I can. I'm trying to be better than I am. I've been a fool to think I can do it all on my own. I've made many mistakes, I've thrown away good friendships and dark nights I've known but I'm getting my life together. Like Zoriah said your way can't be mine and mine your, we wouldn't have anything to talk about similarly I wouldn't even be here in this moment living my story. I was blind to a lot of things but I'm starting over with him also I can see, see clear as day. And DeMarcus that man, he listened to me. He not only listens he heard me, hears me. He touched me not only touches me, he feels me, above all he saw me, sees me. God, I love this man.

Oh, how lucky I am to have found him again and to rekindled our love back to the place it should have been. But I don't EVER regret meeting Sean, I could NEVER regret that. He gave me the biggest blessings in my life; Steph.

Steph is the motivation that made me press on when I could've quit but I never gave up and I never will. Now that I'm adding to that blessing. One that I never knew I wanted but needed.

I place my hands on my tummy, I'm going to be a mother again. Tears spill out my eyes, happy tears.

These hormones have made me into mush.

I clean my face and decide to cook to distract myself also once DeMarcus get here we can eat and talk. I check the clock on the kitchen wall it's currently 11:00 am and it's a nine-plus hours flight to get here. The only good thing about that is there is no check-in or out since he will land on the helipad of his roof.

After two hours of baking lasagna from scratch, DeMarcus favourite. Pot roast chicken and vegetable salad. I clean up and take a shower.

I walk out of the bathroom in my robe and sit on my bed. I stretch and a yawn escapes me. I didn't talk to Steph this morning so I dial his number, face timing him as I lay back.

"Hey big boy, you're getting so handsome." I see his face clearly on my camera.

"Mommmm," he whines laughing, blushing.

"My big handsome son."

"Mom stop" he complains.

"Who else is going to gas up my son," he laughs throwing his head back. His laugher is music to my ears.

"I can't wait to see you next week"

"Me too mom, I miss you."

"I miss you too baby, another yawn escapes me."

"You tired mom."

"Yeah, a little."

"You should get some rest then."

"After I talk with you."

"Ok, how's work."

"I'm on leave, so when I'm in New York I can spend a few days with you."

"Really! I can't wait."

"Me either, I have some really big news to share with you."

"Tell me, tell me," he says all excited.

"Nope, you have to wait until I see you. I will take you to dinner at the plaza hotel."

"Mom you're the coolest."

We talk for a few more minutes and I remember laughing at something he said but I must have snooze off mid-conversation. Because I don't remember ending our call.

I feel kisses on my face, I "hmm" in response and bolt up. "Whoa, it's me" I hear his sexy Italian, English accent reaching my ears.

"Of course it's you who else would it be," I say opening my eyes fully sitting up.