CHAPTER -37-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

"You do know you just ate a double cheeseburger, two extra-large fries, a serving of BBQ wings, and drank a large soda." Says Zoriah. I look down at the serving tray in front of me and realize it's the first time in the past two weeks I've been able to keep anything down.

At first, I willed my mind to believe it was a stomach bug, and with each day that passed I willed the month to get longer but truth be told I'm late. MAYBE I'm LATER if that is even a term to use.

My menstrual cycle is more than late, it refuses to make an entrance in December and now that the new year is here it still hides its ugly head. There were months I wasn't too particular about seeing it and it made sure to visit. Now that I want it to make a grand entrance it refuses to show up. It truly is the CURSE.

I haven't said a word to DeMarcus, not that I'm scared too but I wanted to make sure first before getting both of our hopes up. I was being so careful though following my cycle and making sure to take my pills the moment we became intimate. Every morning after I moisturize my body I made sure I took my pill. Could this have happened on our first involvements? I wasn't prepared then and I didn't know the night would have ended that way but if so what happens now?

"You think he's ready for all this," I ask.

"What do I know he's your boyfriend," says Zoriah.

"Well, you've met the guy, what do you think," I pipe up.

"I think he's going to run for the hills once he sees how huge you're going to get," says zoriah.

"Shut up I'll be cute, sporting my bump with class, high heels and all," I say brows frowning, eyes slanting at her.

"He doesn't know what's about to hit him." Says Zoriah, she had witnessed one of my full-on crying sessions and almost ran away from me.

"Stop... What kind of emotional support is this, you're supposed to be my friend, "I say.

"I'm an auntie now not your friend," she says as if I'm not the one making her the auntie.

"So it's like that huh, just ignore the person making you an auntie."

"Just thought you should know," she says.

"You two are weird," said Allison stopping our banter.

Today I'm out with the girls shopping for Chesney Smith Incorporated's 80th anniversary. I've invited Zoriah and Allison along with DeMarcus and me. It's our second date together and Zoriah click instantly with Allison teasing her now and again just to make her blush.

Allison has never visited New York and I think, it would help with her phobia of people and make her open up a little.  Peola can't make the trip her sister is getting married and she has to give her support.

I sit back earlier and watch the girls choose their evening gowns also making my suggestion here and there. DeMarcus has already bought me my outfit since Christmas for the event and I'm hoping it still fits after all the food I just consume. The girls and I are now sitting in a pub eating after a long afternoon of going from store to store.

I have a doctor's appointment three days from today and I've been off from work since two weeks ago since the morning I woke up a boiling mess of emotional drama. And it hasn't improved, I can be my really happy, perky self this minute, and the next I'm crying emotional progress. DeMarcus is very patient and understanding even though he doesn't know and for the life of him doesn't understand my emotional mood swings. But he puts up with me even though he's scared to even enter his room sometimes.