CHAPTER -36-

HAPPY READING 🥰

DeMarcus Granger

I ease out of bed, turn off Cindy's alarm before it wakes her then make my way to my office. It is only 6:00 am, it's too early to wake her besides that she's drained emotionally. She has never taken a day off, somehow she thinks this is revenge for all the bad decisions she made. I think it's her overprocessing mine working at its best. Karma doesn't come after good people with genuine hearts.

I walk into my office. Sit behind my desk and dial-up my people, ready to give all the information to the best of my knowledge as Cindy related them to me last night.

"Clerk," I say upon hearing his voice.

"Morning Mr Granger."

"I need a favour. I need it possible before the new year."

"Name it sir and I'm on it," he says. That is why he's my people, he's always the man for the job.

In a similar manner, I relate to him what I want to be done and how I want it executed. I give the information of the property I want to acquire and Cindy parents name to which I want on the title also the urgency behind this. I thank him and cut the call.

I know she means well to her parents, giving this to them means a great deal and I admire that quality in her. Her parents were there feeding me and never once showed an unpleasant face to me when I was younger and even now as a grown man when I showed up unannounced at their door.

I take a deep breath, rub my face tilting my head back on my leather chair. Her offer from Prada didn't take me by surprise and rightfully there will be other's even better than what he has offered. I'm not going to tell her about kindle until she makes a decision. I don't want to back her into a corner or force my will on her and have her fight back or retaliate against me. I want her to choose for herself similar I want her to choose me. I'm not going to force her to do so; she has to want me, no need me, desire me as I do her.

I call Mrs Danrad to give Cindy the week off and her secretary the day as well. I remember Cindy talked about shopping with her secretary last night but she is in no way ready to face today. The way she cried and throw up last night take a lot out of her. So I call my stylist to have someone take her secretary shopping instead for the new years ball. Cindy can take her another day when she feeling much better.

As I send out a few emails and cancel the appointments I had for today. I realize her decision weighs heavily on me. I can only hope and have faith in what we rekindle, I'm hoping all I've shown her is enough. I check my time, it's now after seven and I should check on her also get her something to eat since she didn't eat last night.

I call Burke to have breakfast brought up and some pain meds because I was rough with her last night.

I walk into our room and she is still asleep. I walk to the bathroom, strip out of my clothes, brushing my teeth. I put away my toothbrush and step into the shower.
.
.

CINDY WASHINGTON

I sit up in bed feeling the brunt of last night. My body aches and I have a temperature. I feel my forehead I'm coming down with something maybe the flu. The whiff of the food on the table makes my stomach turn, or maybe it's a stomach bug. I put my hands over my mouth, running out of the room to the bathroom two doors down. I don't even know why I run out here but here I am kneel emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I don't know where I find stuff to bring up because I hadn't eaten since breakfast yesterday and I spew up last night.

I hurl, mostly gagging over the toilet. I sit down trying to breathe to regain myself but it wasn't easing the cold sweat and rising temperature I'm feeling. I sit on the floor for a few minutes just breathing.

After a few minutes of sitting on the cold floor, I feel a little better but not much. I stand at the washbasin looking at the mirror. I look awfully, terrible, my eyes are puffy, red with dark circles, my hair is a mess and I'm pale in colour. I comb my fingers through my hair trying to straighten it out a little and run cold water in my hands washing my face. I wash my mouth and look around for a spear toothbrush but there isn't any.

I turn to the door and notice the electronic Callender by the door sporting today's date, I freeze. It couldn't be, could it? The month is almost over. With that thought floating around in my mind, then it dawn on me the time and I'm not even a quarter ready for work. Changing my previous thought I rush out of the room and ran back into DeMarcus room.

I bump into a strong masculine chest as he was coming out of the room at the same time. "Ouch, aww" I whine on impact.

"Slow down tigress, I was looking for you," he says.

"I'm not ready for work" I voice out the first thought that came to mind and burst into another round of tears.

"Hey hey come here, I already called in for you with your supervisor, he says hugging me.

"You did" I sniffle and cry further. My brain wasn't working right because I should've asked how he knows my supervisor number and how can he call in on my behalf but I am an emotional, devastation of myself. I cry to my heart's content on his chest while he rubs my back trying to comfort me.

"It's ok, you're OK right" he pulls away and I nod wiping my eyes. "You're burning up, crying this way and you want to go into work," he looks at me puzzled at my reaction.

I look up at him and cry even harder.

"You're making fun of me and I'm not feeling well" I sob louder, awful, high pitched sighs, weeping, wailing, whimpering, bawling, and blubbering in front of him. I'm an unattractive, sensitive, touchy mess of myself and he's seeing it all.

"No, no, I'm not making fun of you baby." he hugs me again "shh shhh it's ok, I'm not making fun of you," he says.

"I'm not making fun of you baby, never." He repeats over and over rubbing my back to comfort me.

I cry to my heart's measurement and wonder what in the world is wrong with me. DeMarcus looks at me taking in my face. The look on his face says it all, we both wondering who the hell is this and if I'd gone crazy. But I couldn't help it, I couldn't control my impulsive, crazy, over-dramatic emotion. And he is handling it so well.

"You alright now," he asks. He's very patient with me as he looks at me probably trying to figure out who is this person and what the hell is wrong with me. Even I wanted to know.

I shake my head, then nod. "Ok come on, I run a bath for you, it will cool your temperature and make you feel better." He says in the gentlest of voice.

"It will?" I ask tears streaming down my face. My hair is a mess and my face is worst, I can only imagine what I look like to him.

"It certainly must," he says with that look on his face as if I'd gone mad or I'm an alien from way, way out of space.

He walks me to the bathroom and helps me out of my clothes. He helps me into the tub also take out his sweat pants climbing into the tub behind me. He kiss my shoulder scarcely brushing his lips to my skin. I close my eyes, laying my head back as he embraces me to his chest.

DeMarcus takes the washcloth off the edge of the tub and trails it across my skin soothingly. With soft, slow circular motion he bathes my body. I sigh in contentment as low moans escape me. He washes the top half of my body, going as low as he can. He then alternates our position and gently, soothingly washes my bottom half, touching every single part of my body. The way he takes care of me emotionally and physically makes me want to burst into another round of tears but I think he had enough for one day. So I resist the urge to cry and just try to relax and not over process taking every feeling he swirls in my heart.

The intensity on his face is also in his eyes, as he focuses on his undertaking. God, I love this man. He not only imprinted himself on my mind. He branded his existence deep within my skin penetrating my body and soul. Not only am I feeling but I'm also not afraid he takes my whole heart. Mine rekindle, heart.

"I love you, DeMarcus," I say and the tears begin to surge again.

"I love you too baby," he says scooting close to me. He holds me while I cry making me feel so secure in his embrace. I feel comfortable in his embrace but it wasn't just his embrace it was the way he held me until I felt alright. His tender loving, care shows me where I need to be and for the first time, I'm not afraid to love him.