CHAPTER-7-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

The past reflection
The past is something we can never change. Nevertheless, if we error or hurt those we love, we can work to make it better or seek forgiveness in the future from those we hurt. Whether they choose to forgive you or not entirely depends on the person. Dwelling in the past will not change anything or what you did in that time will not automatically be reversed in the future by remaining there. It solves no purpose to dwell in the past but reflection is necessary.

Our past creates the foundation that brings us to our present. Throughout life, we are faced with choices. Those choices determine what road we travel. The past cannot be changed, only learned from. What we choose to do with those lessons will determine how we live our present and by our choices within our present we can go anywhere we want to with our future. The choice is ours to make. With maturity, we are better capable of making better decisions and have a better understanding of the past and how it helps to shape our future.

Recollection of past experiences has proven to be one of the best teaching tools in existence. It is not just the reminiscing of the past that benefits us; it is the critical thinking that follows said reminiscing that is the most fruitful. Much can be learned when reflecting on past situations. These observations, in turn, have the potential to guide our future decision making as well as our future actions. As I ponder the events and actions that have to lead me up to this point, I have found that I have done much better at handling my workload and personal life simultaneously than I previously assumed I would.

Reflection is evaluating the thoughts, behaviours, and experiences which are connected with everyday situations. Reflection helps to improve the awareness and activeness of the learning process experience. This process helps to reflect on everyday problems and situations by considering the surface of own feelings, thoughts, and emotions. But in said reflection, we learn and move on. Structural reflecting helps solve problems and once you've achieved those goals you move on from the past. Reflecting can be useful in different contexts The aim is helpful to evaluate the condition to understand the ongoing situations you may face and its future changes. Reflecting can also be used as a part of the learning process which helps to measure the progress of the goals and plans of the future developments.

In the end, our past is a reflection of our future and the decision we make. when the past comes calling we answer to reflect but never to linger in what use to be. Its objective would be fulfilled once you've learned in the future.
C.w

The month of October came blazing through and after the night I had in the club I decided to base this monthly column on the night of the past. My supervisor loves the concept and made me redo this five times before she approved it.

The past three weeks Zoriah and I went crazy with searching for a condo and eventually we found one that spoke to both of us. I like the fact that the neighbourhood is child friendly and it has security in the building so I'm not worried when my parents and son come to visit.

Their safety is what I was most worried about when looking for my new place. This Christmas Steph wants to spend the holidays with his father. I've decided to send my parents to Guyana for two weeks for the holidays and as their present, I want to buy them a new house by January month-end.

I'm currently in my office reviewing one of the write-ups we received daily from some very talented writers and some not so talented. Some of my reads are confusing, interesting, annoying at times, boring at times and some very intriguing and can leave me to the edge of my seat wanting more.

To be honest some of the write-ups even make me cry and laugh. Some even make me do both at the same time. My supervisor usually says never to pick with my emotions and use the common but yet different trends in the book world. She would advise me to choose stories that readers between a certain age range of eighteen to fifty years old are craving to read yet undiscovered. Let's put a fresh spin on romance, mystery, spirituality or whatever genre writers choose. At first, only the romance manuscript had my interest but slowly the others genre are winning me over.

The best part of my work is reading some of these stories that make me feel connected to the writer and make me feel the writer is also experiencing what they wrote. I sometimes feel some writers tell their personal stories through their book to escape their own reality. In that aspect some of the write-ups I read make me want to reach out to some of the writers but work protocol and rules would prevent me from doing so.

Nevertheless, I'm only permitted to approve one book per month and it's overwhelming and frustrating because I see many, many books with potential but I'm only allowed to choose one.

Sometimes when I see write-ups with a host of potential that hasn't been chosen I want to contact the writer and share my ideas and give them a chance to correct themselves because of the great plot the story carries but again the rules and obligations of the company wouldn't allow me to. That is one of the things I want to definitely change once I start my own company. I will hire literature students fresh out of college to review write-ups with little potential but a great plot to work with the writer in helping to develop said stories and I can get the commission for working with the writer until publishing day. I also want to have different jonra/genres of editors to work from scratch with potential writers. What I've learned is everyone has a story to tell whether through music, literacy, paintings, drama, dancing, poetry or whatever means. Bringing that story to life is what is most difficult when words fail you or come in the jumbled form and an editor has to unravel the mystery and make that book blossom to its true potential. I love my work and I take notes as to how to manage and constructively build my empire.

I'm reading a manuscript from a writer whom I believe is sharing her personal experience with the way she describes the mental and physical abuse met out to her or probably someone close; Only my assumption. The writer describes in explicit detail how the main character a woman is in mental disarray because her controlling billionaire husband with all his affluent keeps her locked away and verbally, physically and mentally abuse her. After all, that is all he knows as a young child growing up so she made excuses for him and put up with it. The woman believes she can change him and puts up with all his torment but to her detriment. She's left scarred and broken. In her manipulated state he doesn't want her anymore because she isn't the sprinkling woman he met before. Not realizing he has damaged and broken her in places she didn't know could break.

This brought so many tears to my eyes because women often suffer these dire consequences in silence. There a reason all mothers warm their young daughters to study hard and pursue a career before committing their life to another human. I am so engulfed in my thoughts of this woman and all the trials she encountered I didn't realize someone standing in my doorway arms and legs cross leaning on my doorway.

He cleared his throat and I look up only to have the shock of my life. There stood Sean in all his manly glow standing in my doorway. It takes me a few seconds to register but once I did, I stand to my feet offering him a seat.