Sixteen

We collapsed into Felix's house, panting from our run.  Felix and I lay next to each other on his bed in the corner, gasping for air.

"What the fuck happened?" Felix breathed heavily.

"My dad's girlfriend's moving in!" I said between breaths.

"Jesus, really? And who was that guy you were with? Tell me the whole story." he held my hand.

I explained. As I stopped talking I burst into tears.

Felix held me close to him, his arms around my waist. "Bab... Stop..." he whispered into my ear, sounding hurt.  He stroked my hair and  I breathed in his scent, which comforted me.

I turned to face him. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

"You're clearly not fine. I'm really worried about you and I know you want me not to care but I do care and you can't stop me because you're the only thing I care about." he muttered.

"That's so cute." I sobbed.

I felt his chest rise and fall as he chuckled.

Felix got up and went over to his cupboard. He got out one of his tee shirts and tracksuit bottoms. Then he handed them to me. "They're comfier, right?" he asked.

I nodded and went into his bathroom to change. When I emerged he blushed and giggled. "You look fucking adorable in my clothes."

 I rolled my eyes and lay back on his bed, feeling tired. He lay next to me, and we stared up at the cracked ceiling. Although we were silent, it wasn't awkward.

My eyes started to flutter closed, and I fought back sleep. Felix stroked my hair and I curled up in a ball. I bet dad won't care if I never go back.  Neither will I.

My eyes slowly opened. As my eyes focused, I yawned and stretched. Damn I slept well. The first thing I saw when my eyes got used to the light was Felix, his mouth slightly open and breathing softly.  He was fast asleep. I smirked and snuggled into his chest.

I wanted to stay in that perfect little moment forever.

The blanket was pulled up over my shoulders, so I smiled at the fact that he must have tucked me in. Cute little weirdo. He snuffled in his sleep and nuzzled into my neck.

I moved his long, messy black hair out of his eyes and stared at him like a creep. "Morning, gorgeous." he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep. 

"Hi." I whispered. "How are you?"

"I don't know yet." he muttered, pulling me in towards him tighter.  "What about you?"

"I'm good." I smiled, closing my eyes.

We lay there in an embrace, enjoying each others warmth and comfort.