Chapter 9 - Still the Same

"No, no, Samuels is the worst," Evan stood by his word.

"You only say that because you don't like Social Studies," Lola giggled. It was the only subject they had together, so she knew exactly how he struggled with it. Plus half of his papers were identical to hers. What a coincidence, right?

"Wait until you experience Matthews. You'll see," Josh argued. He and Kieran were in the same year, so they had more experience with teachers. At least that's what they thought.

Today was one of those special days when they were all together. Actually, lately they have met like this often. Evan and Kieran grew closer and thanks to him he got to know Josh. Angie brought Lola, who she just had a class with, and Evan took Aiden and Roger. Sometimes they were joined by Millie and Clara, who travelled with him on the bus every day, but he guessed they weren't even at school today. He felt like he was getting closer and closer to people every day, something that didn't happen to him in his pack. Once again, he proved to be more suited to humans than wolves.

"What about you, Rory? In freshman year, everyone tries to look as stern as possible to scare you, but it's bullshit. At least Parker gives up after a month," Angie asked Roger, or Rory as they called him. He hated his name, and they didn't want to torture him.

"You act like you weren't a freshman a few months ago." Evan shot her a look, raising an eyebrow as he knew it would annoy her. Of course, it worked, as she pierced him with a look. She hated it when anyone questioned her words, and he was more than happy to do so. Sometimes he thought that just as fate destined mates to love each other, he and Angie were destined to annoy each other for the rest of their lives.

"I swear if one of you is ever found dumped in a ditch somewhere, the other one will be the first suspect," Aiden intervened before she could say anything nice to him.

"You're way off the mark if you think I'd just leave his body lying around. We, women, are perfectionists when it comes to revenge," Angie countered with a smile on her face that looked like she knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Bitch, you'd kill yourself the very next day 'cause you'd miss me," Evan was quick to respond.

"Why does every conversation with you either end in an argument or planning a murder?" This time it was Josh who intervened. It was obvious that he hadn't spent enough time with them, otherwise he would have been used to it. Like Aiden, who managed to eat a packet of chips while watching their little argument.

Both Angie and Evan just shrugged. It wasn't something they hadn't heard before.

"If we're going to die, can it at least be at the Depot? There's another party tonight, and apparently this time it's Brittany and Sheila's party," Lola interrupted the conversation without looking up from her phone. She loved parties and would be at every one if she could.

The Depot was an old warehouse near Marwell that had been bought up by students of this school long ago, and since then had always been sold to the next generation. Everyone who wanted to organize a party there had to make a financial contribution, as did everyone who wanted to participate. At least that's what Lola said. Evan had never been there, and thanks to his helicopter parents, he didn't think he ever would.

Brittany and Sheila were both members of the Debate Club, which, paradoxically, was not known for its words but for its actions. Whenever something bad or shocking happened at school, they were the first to be singled out.

"If you think my parents would let me go..." Rory answered her first.

"Same. Plus I'd have to sneak back and forth, and I doubt there'd be a bus at that time," Angie added to his response. Evan hoped he didn't have to say anything, since if Angie didn't have a way to get there, neither did he.