Chapter 90 - Meeting The Other

Fortunately, the conversation calmed down after that, and Evan was finally able to breathe. However, when the last of the stress finally left him, he realised he still had a nasty taste in his mouth.

"Can you get me a glass of water?" he asked Josh, who immediately stood up. But then he held out his hand to Evan, and Kieran followed suit. "Let's get something to eat too. I don't know about you but I'm hungry."

His two friends supported him on one side, so he didn't have to put his foot on the floor and helped him to a chair in the kitchen. A second later, a glass of water landed in front of Evan, and he immediately began to chug it.

"If you were that thirsty, you could just say so," Josh said with a laugh.

"I thought you were mad at me." Evan shrugged, and Josh rolled his eyes at him.

"Well, you did save my life," Josh said in a normal tone as if they were talking about the weather, before turning to the fridge.

"Thanks for that, by the way," Kieran chimed in, and Evan gave him a smile in return because it was silly to say you're welcome in this situation.

"Anytime," he said instead.

"No offence," Josh said over his shoulder, "but I hope we don't find ourselves in the same situation again."

"Understood," Evan chuckled, "but you know where I am in case of need."

Eventually, Josh took the mini pizzas out of the freezer and started putting them on the baking tray. And although Evan hadn't thought he was hungry, the sight of Josh preparing food convinced him otherwise. And his stomach, which had decided to join the conversation, bore witness.

"Wow, the big bad wolf is hungry," Josh laughed at his own joke.

"You're lucky you're not Little Red Riding Hood," Evan replied in the same spirit, and the atmosphere between them relaxed a bit again. If he hadn't been wearing clothes a size too big and the pain in his ankle hadn't shot up, it would have been like a normal hang-out with friends.

Their following conversation was similar and for Evan, it felt like they were back at the beginning of their friendship before he started dating Kieran. It was a nice change, and he welcomed it.

"I do have one more question though," Kieran spoke, changing the subject once the three of them were seated at the table, a plate of mini pizzas between them.

"Ask away," Evan encouraged him.

"Do the others know? Angie obviously does, but I doubt Lola, Aiden, Millie, Clara, and Rory do."

Evan stopped and licked the sauce off his finger before answering. "Rory knows. It was more complicated with him, but that's not my story to tell. The others don't. In fact, none of you are supposed to know, otherwise I'd get kicked out of the pack."

"Shit," Josh was the first to speak. "Thanks for the trust, I guess?"

"Are you going to tell them?" Kieran asked him, taking him by surprise. Kieran seemed to notice this and immediately added: "I don't mean it badly or under pressure, I was just curious."

"I honestly didn't think about it," Evan admitted. "But I didn't think about telling Rory either, it just happened." He shrugged.

"I guess it would be nice if Aiden and Lola knew too," he murmured almost inaudibly, his gaze falling to the plate in front of him.

"It's up to you, dude." Josh shrugged and took a bite of his pizza. And there the subject ended they switched to small talk.

Just as the last of the mini pizzas had gone down, Kieran's phone vibrated with an incoming message. It was Ryan saying they had left the house and would be there in ten to fifteen minutes.