Chapter 80 - Slumber Party, Witchcraft and Friends - Part 3

Close to midnight, Olivia came to warn them that they would all be getting up early in the morning, as Michael had to be able to drive them to Marwell and then back. She didn't want to spoil their fun, but they all knew that Evan would be in trouble at home if he didn't make it to school the next day. So they decided it was time to go to bed.

"Fun fact, we didn't just tell you about Rory by coincidence," Evan addressed Michael after they had adjusted the covers, and looked like they were ready for sleep.

"What a surprise," Michael mumbled, giving Evan a look as if he should consider if he really wanted to bug him.

"We think he might be a witch's weave," Ryan said bluntly, not waiting for Evan's careful explanation. Michael immediately looked surprised, and so did Angie. Just as she hadn't told Rory about being a she-wolf, he hadn't talked to her about witches. Fortunately, Angie planned to tell Rory the truth, so Evan and Ryan figured they could involve her in the plan.

"What?" Michael asked, making sure he'd heard correctly.

"Everything points to that. We think that's why he knows about magic in the first place. Now we're just trying to verify it," Ryan explained, and Evan turned to him in amusement but didn't correct him. His mate was giving him credit he didn't deserve, but he wasn't going to argue.

"Verify how?" Michael asked, still confused, at the same moment Angie uttered: "What the hell is a weave?"

Michael's attention immediately curled to her, and he stared at her as if he couldn't believe his own ears. Apparently knowing what the soulmates of other creatures were called was a basic knowledge that Angie (and once upon a time Evan) lacked.

"Weave is a witch's soulmate," Evan interjected right away. He'd been in her shoes until recently and knew how uncomfortable it was to know the least in the room.

Angie's eyes sparkled with recognition, and it was obvious that she had put 2 and 2 together. "Alexander?"

"Yeah," Evan nodded immediately. "But we don't like him yet."

"He didn't say anything to Rory, but he threw him into the world of the supernatural," Ryan added, and then immediately echoed Evan's words, "We don't like him yet."

"That's fucked up," Angie assessed, frowning. "Can't we go scare him a little?" Though her face showed an unusual innocence, everyone in the room could see invisible horns flickering in her hair. This girl didn't like it when anyone messed with her friends, and if she hadn't been restrained, she would give hell to Alexander. Even his magic wouldn't help him.

"You still haven't answered my question," Michael reminded, and though he had been listening in on their conversation, it was obvious that he didn't care, since he didn't know who they were talking about anyway.

"Sure." Ryan immediately turned back to him. "We were in the supernatural library..."

He didn't finish his sentence as Angie interrupted her with a loud: "Where?" Again, she responded exactly as Evan expected and he felt better about his lack of knowledge.

"Apparently each pack has a library that contains all the knowledge of the supernatural world that the pack has accumulated," Evan explained to her right away.

"And you didn't tell me?" Angie's reproach was directed at the black-haired boy near her, and Michael looked puzzled as if he didn't understand why he should have such an obligation.

"You took me to a pack meeting, made me listen about safety protocols, and you didn't think to tell me about the supernatural library? Seriously? Finally, something interesting and I don't know about it," she immediately took to explaining her irritation.