Chapter 13 - His Little Pack - Part 2

"Look what we got here."

Evan and Angie both turned their heads in the direction the voice came from. It was one of the last people they'd like to meet in their town. Michael Saunders was a wolf from their pack. He was two years older than them, and one of the pack members who truly enjoyed staying with the pack. He was a werewolf heart and soul and was even training to become one of the guardians of the pack. No wonder they didn't get along. And since he didn't get along with him, Angie did neither. A true bond of friendship.

"Michael," he said through clenched teeth and hoped he'd get the hint. Just his name sounded like an insult in Evan's head.

"Evan, so nice to see you. Not that we do that often since someone doesn't like to participate in pack business," Michael sniggered at him. His expression oozed confidence and Evan thought of a million ways to wipe that smirk off his face.

"Fuck off, Michael," Angie didn't hold back. Evan chuckled. Goddess, Evan really loved her at the moment. Michael, on the other hand, didn't find it funny.

"Angela, snotty as always." He tried to look like it didn't bother him, but all of them knew the truth. And so did his frowning eyebrows.

For the longest time, Evan made fun of Angie, telling her that his whole act was just because he was secretly in love with her. He stopped when she reminded me that she was not the one he was always addressing first. Well, she also added that he shouldn't forget he was already 18 and mateless, so he probably jerked off after each of their arguments 'cause he found them hot. Gross.

"Don't you have friends to bother?" Evan asked him, hoping he would leave before their friends' arrival. He knew Michael would find a way to blackmail him with that information even when it wasn't anything huge. He would probably tell everyone that he sneaked out to meet some city skanks or something, and he certainly didn't need that.

"I'm pretty sure I have more friends than you do. I just like spending time with you two." Michael smiled obnoxiously.

Yuck, Evan didn't like imagining why he could possibly like that.

"If I wanted to do charity, I would be babysitting for free. Seeing you, fuckface, is the opposite of the vacation for me. Can you finally fuck off?" With every other word Angie said, Michael's scowl got worse. In the end, Evan wasn't sure if he was more angry or irked. Both seemed like good options to Evan.

"Bye, bitch." Evan waved at him with a sweet smile. Just in time, since he saw the right bus approaching them and stand up, grabbing Angie in the process.

"I have better things to do anyway, scrubs." Fortunately, Michael finally took the hint and went the opposite way. Evan sighed mentally in relief. He didn't need Michael to have blackmail material on him.

"One day, I'll slap him so hard, he'll lose his eyesight," Angie said in a low tone, probably hoping he wouldn't hear her and come back.

"Right. Before or after you help him with his little problem?" Evan remarked with a smirk. She looked at him with a disbelieving look, giving him the last chance to run. Not that it would stop him from cackling.

"Fuck off!" Angie pushed me with little too much strength, and since he was too busy laughing, he ended up on the ground.

"Snotty as always," he repeated Michael's words on purpose, still sitting on the cold hard ground. She went to hit him again but eventually did not since the bus stopped right behind her back.

"I have no idea how the hell you two survived so long being friends with each other," was the first thing Lola said when she got off the bus. The others followed right behind her.