Chapter 83 - Answers and Plans - Part 2

Evan had no idea when his perverted side had been awakened, but as he looked at the dark-haired boy lying next to him in bed, he knew that every moment he spent with him, the fire within him grew more intense.

They were only at the beginning of their relationship, but maybe because they were mates, Evan knew that whatever feelings he had for him were only going to get stronger and stronger. His courage was growing as well, and although he wasn't ready to talk about sex out loud, he wasn't afraid to try anything if it was with his boyfriend.

"If you keep staring at me like that, we won't move from the bed," Ryan broke the silence.

"Would that be a bad thing?" Evan asked with a mischievous grin as he snapped out of his own thoughts. Backing up his words, he snuggled closer to his boyfriend and pressed his ankle between his, intertwining their legs.

"Since you don't know when your parents are coming home, yes," Ryan replied, but he did nothing to put distance between them, quite the opposite. He had one hand curled under his head and the other, which he'd had on the pillow between them until now, moved to Evan's exposed shoulder. With his thumb, he began to gently make circles, and after that brought an adorable smile to Evan's face that clearly betrayed his feelings, Ryan leaned in and pressed a small kiss to his nose.

"Says the guy who gave me a hickey," Evan reminded him. They both knew the werewolf healing would take care of it very quickly, so it wasn't a problem in their case unless his parents arrived right now.

"I dunno who does hickeys all the time," the black-haired boy countered, tilting his head to allow Evan a better view of his neck, which was evidence enough at the moment.

"I can't help the fact that they look so good on you," was Evan's argument and Ryan chuckled in response. He didn't forget to roll his eyes, a habit he picked up from Evan.

For a brief moment, silence fell between them, and they both watched the other, their eyes betraying everything they felt for the other, but they didn't dare to say it out loud.

"I've been thinking," Ryan began, not taking his eyes off his mate. "If we tell Rory about the Shadow Wolf and he agrees, we'll need more information. We haven't found the instructions on how to do it, and I doubt my aunt will know more." He paused again after that brief explanation, biting his lip inwardly as if unsure how to continue.

"What are you suggesting?"

"I was thinking of asking for help from my pack," Ryan replied, his eyes darting away for a moment, but then he made eye contact again. "You could come with me and meet my parents."

"You want me to meet your parents," Evan repeated after him as if to make sure he'd heard correctly. He knew he was going to someday, but somehow, he pushed the thought out of his head. Evan and parents were never a good combination, and he was worried that would be true with Ryan's as well.

"You don't have to," Ryan added immediately when he saw Evan's expression. "It was just a suggestion. They know I found you, and I'm sure Aunt Olivia mentioned something to them about you too, but if you need more time, it's not a problem."

Evan had to admit that it hadn't occurred to him until now that Mama Olivia might have talked to Ryan's parents about him.

"I'm not saying no," Evan assured him immediately, though he had no idea how the sentence would continue. Ryan had more or less presented him with a fait accompli - something he hadn't thought about in his spare time - and he had no idea how to respond. He knew it was important to Ryan, and he knew his family had a different view of mates than his own, but he was still worried.

"But not now?" Ryan offered when Evan still didn't come up with an answer, his expression anything but relaxed. Ryan didn't like seeing him like this, and certainly not when he was frowning like this because of him.

"I'm just worried. I know your parents won't have a problem with me being your mate, but I'm still a bit scared," Evan admitted. He had learned a long time ago that the only answer when it came to his mate was honesty.

The black-haired boy's gaze turned soft. The hand that had been on Evan's shoulder moved to his cheek, and as before, he began to gently stroke it with his thumb, sliding it slowly up and down. Evan closed his eyes appreciatively at this but still didn't completely deny himself the sight of his boyfriend.

"My family already adores you. Every time we call together, they tell me I sound happy, and they know it's all your doing." Evan's cheeks took on a rosy tint at Ryan's statement. Although Evan thought Ryan was exaggerating, he wished his conversations with his parents went like this too.

"You're a naturally happy person," Evan remarked, not taking credit.

"Well, we've shared a soul since birth so..." Ryan's lips widened into a beaming smile, which widened even more when Evan put his hands over his face with a whimper to hide his blush.

"And you say I'm going to be the death of you," Evan mumbled, and it came out almost slurred because of his hands over his face, but Ryan still understood what he was trying to say. He raised himself up on his elbow, so he had both hands free and gently uncovered Evan's face, holding his wrists.

Of course, their eyes met immediately.

"You are," Ryan confirmed with a serious expression that was going to be defeated by a smile at any moment.

"I'll meet your parents if you'll meet my little pack," Evan said unexpectedly, sitting up with Ryan's help. The blanket automatically slid lower covering him from the waist down, and Ryan's eyes immediately ran over his exposed chest.

"Focus, love." Evan took advantage of the fact that he finally wasn't the distracted one and lifted Ryan's face tenderly, holding his chin so their gazes met.

"You called me love," Ryan said in a soft tone, his gaze turning tender as well.

"Oh, is that an exclusive thing?" Evan smiled mischievously, fully aware of the effect the nickname had on his mate.

"No, but..." Ryan was clearly having trouble recovering.

Evan's expression clearly reflected his satisfaction, especially since he finally wasn't the one who was being swooned by his beloved's behaviour.

"My beautiful Bane," he whispered fondly, pulling Ryan closer to him by his chin, which was still between his thumb and forefinger. He left a small gap between them, and his eyes slid to his lips. Before he decided to taste them, he ran his thumb over them tenderly first, and Ryan obediently held still, not moving a single millimetre.

"Kiss me," a whisper escaped Ryan's lips and who was Evan to disobey?

This kiss was different than the previous ones. Although there was still a taste of passion in it, this time it reflected the other side of their relationship - tenderness, patience, and care. No tongues, no teeth, just the sincere touch of lips.

A rush of emotion overwhelmed them both, caressing their joined souls.

"I love you," was the first thing Ryan uttered after his lips were free again before either of them could even open their eyes.

Evan's eyes were immediately wide, and his vision blurred for a moment.

"I love you too," he said, just as softly as his mate did.

A huge grin immediately appeared on Ryan's face, but Evan wasn't able to watch it for long as their lips met once more in an eager kiss.

Some might argue that it was too soon for them to confess their feelings, but even if Evan didn't want to admit it out loud, their bond had been forming long before he was ready to admit it to himself.

But now he didn't want to hide anything. He had never been happier than in the arms of his soul mate, and with every kiss, it became more and more clear to him that the dark-haired boy with the most beautiful eyes in the world was his destiny.

And Evan was finally completely ready to run towards his destiny.