Chapter 88 - The Truth - Part 3

"What the actual fuck?!"

Evan knew it had to be a shock, so he braced himself in advance against any negative reaction. What he didn't have much time to prepare for, however, was the explanation he owed his friends.

"You're..." Josh was the only one to respond out loud so far, but eventually, even he ran out of words and just ran his hands through his hair in desperation.

"A werewolf," Evan filled in for him. Even though it wasn't the first time he'd said it out loud, his voice still wavered slightly, lacking confidence.

"Fuck," he responded to his words. Josh's hands were still anxiously in his hair, and it looked like there was a battle brewing in his mind, which was understandable given the situation.

"Go get him some clothes." Kieran finally spoke. Josh looked at him at first as if he heard his words, but didn't understand their meaning, so Kieran gave him a slight shove and nodded his head somewhere behind Evan, where his room was probably located.

Evan remained silent, as he too had no idea how to handle the situation himself, so he waited for the questions that hadn't come yet.

"Go," Kieran repeated in a soft tone, and this time Josh nodded and headed in the direction his best friend was pointing. His gaze was focused straight ahead as if he was still in his head and just going on autopilot, not giving Evan another glance even though he walked straight past him.

That left just the two of them in the room, and Evan immediately sought Kieran's gaze nervously, but he paid him no mind. Or so it seemed.

Evan watched as he walked over to the couch and picked up the box that turned out to be a first aid kit. Without a word, he set it down at Evan's feet, and for the first time, Evan shifted his attention to his ankle, which he'd been ignoring despite the pain. His transformation caused the bandage to loosen and hang off his leg, giving him a perfect view of the teeth imprint the wild wolf had left there. It didn't look good at all, but Evan wasn't worried as he knew it would heal faster than humans would assume.

Kieran silently unwrapped the bandage from Evan's ankle and placed it beside him. He obviously didn't like the state it was in, as he bit his lip, and although Evan couldn't see his eyes, he knew exactly what Kieren's worried expression looked like.

"It'll heal," he spoke almost inaudibly, but Kieran caught it clearly as he immediately lifted his head.

Kieran looked like he wanted to say something, but in the end, he just furrowed his brow and lowered his attention back to Evan's leg. He carefully applied the disinfectant to it, and Evan couldn't hold back a hiss. It was silly since he could manage the bite for real, but the small sting bothered him. Kieran still didn't say a word, but he softened his touch as he put a clean gauze over it and began wrapping a clean bandage around his ankle.

Evan knew that Kieran wasn't one to start a conflict first, much less someone who asked questions when it wasn't necessary, but he had a feeling that the discovery of the supernatural world was more than necessary.

"Here." Evan automatically caught the clothes Josh dumped in his lap, though he hadn't been expecting it. The act suggested he was still angry, but Evan knew his anger stemmed from confusion and decided not to make anything of it for now. If he was going to be angry with him even if he knew the whole truth, then he had reason to be sad.

Kieran finished nursing his leg and stepped back. Josh immediately took advantage of this and decided it was time to ask, but Kieran grabbed his arm and turned him around while he did the same. It was a signal for Evan to get dressed quickly and he didn't hesitate.

With each passing second that silence reigned between them, Evan grew more and more nervous, and though his hands began to shake, he quickly pulled on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that were a little loose, but it was better than nothing.