Chapter 67 - First Date

After all the weeks of everyone hanging out together in North Hallson as a group, Ryan decided it was a good time to steal Evan for himself. And not just as a friend.

"If you'd told me where he's taking me, I'd know what to wear." Evan sat on his bed, looking reproachfully at his best friend.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise. And I'm not going to ruin your first date."

Their first date. Evan had no idea how they had progressed so quickly from friendship to first date, but he didn't protest. When Ryan had suggested it, it sounded like the right choice, so he didn't hide his excitement when he agreed. Even so, they'd been acting more like a couple than friends for weeks now, so Evan saw no reason to say no.

"You could at least give me some advice," he protested.

"I gave you advice." She did. She told him to look, in her words, good for lovemaking.

"To look like a whore," he finished her sentence.

"I didn't say that." She frowned and moved to stand directly in front of him. With her hands at her sides, she looked like an angry mom. And since Evan angered her on a daily basis, he didn't care.

"Should I surprise him?"

"With what?" There was no doubt in Evan's mind that his and Angie's styles of surprise were diametrically opposed. Several scenarios of kinky surprises that shouldn't have been in Angie's head in the first place were probably playing out in her head right now.

"By not wearing black," he clarified before the conversation could escalate.

"Show me the outfit, and I'll tell you."

Evan decided to step out of his comfort zone and delve into the depths of his closet, where there were items that didn't fit his typical look. The first thing he found was a burgundy crewneck sweatshirt with a sports logo on the top left side. It looked like a regular sweatshirt made of a thicker material, the only things that didn't look like something Evan would wear were the colour and the fact that it was hoodless.

He showed his selection to Angie, and though she didn't even see it on him, she immediately started nodding in agreement.

"All you need are some light-coloured jeans." The light colour and Evan didn't go together, so the best he had were mid-blue jeans, which Angie approved of anyway.

With those two things in hand, Evan decided to change, and since Angie was almost like his sister, he didn't mind doing it right in front of her.

"Now the accessories." Angie clapped when she saw him fully dressed and immediately rushed to the secret drawer in his desk where he kept his jewellery.

"Do I really need them?" His outfit was casual, just in a different way than he normally dressed, so he wasn't sure if he should overdo it with accessories. Angie obviously thought otherwise since she had an armful of things she wanted him to try on.

The first were silver rings, which he was already used to, so he didn't protest when she ordered him to put them on. He put two on each hand and waited to see what she would hand him next.

"I think a necklace would be too much already," Angie assessed, looking at him as if he were her masterpiece. Evan nodded, agreeing with her point, though he knew she'd still have her way if he'd said otherwise.

"Well, I think we both know what's missing," Angie assessed, turning around and putting the rest of the stuff she had in her hands in the drawer. Evan followed her with his eyes, but then his gaze fell on the nightstand next to his bed, where he'd made a habit of putting Ryan's gift away.