Chapter 41 - His First Party - Part 2

Loud music, bright lights, the smell of sweat, and bodies moving to the beat. Evan had no idea where to look first. All his senses were picking up the atmosphere around him, and he felt giggly inside. He was like a little kid at a carnival.

"Look around quickly because all eyes will be on you soon," Kieran's husky voice said from behind him. His lips were so close to his ear that he could feel his breath on him. Evan shuddered, and when he felt Kieran's hand on his lower back, he laid into the touch for a moment.

"Oh, come on, you can take that outfit off of him later, now we're going to have fun!" Lola's scream reached them over the loud music, and Kieran took a step back from him. Evan turned to face him and gave him a small smile before Lola managed to pull him by the hand. She was holding Angie by the other, and with a force that Evan had no idea where it came from, she was pulling them both straight to the bar. The others automatically followed them.

"What do we want?" Lola turned to them all, her back against the bar. Various bottles were laid out on the counter, some already half-empty, and in front of them were plastic solo cups. Fortunately, everyone automatically decided that drinking from open bottles was not the best idea and only chose from closed ones.

Lola and Millie started pouring and gradually handed everyone a cup with orange juice and vodka. Thankfully, the girls knew that they had to be tame from the beginning, and the juice was predominant in the cups, so even though the vodka could be smelled, it didn't sting the throat.

"Cheers!" Their cups touched in one swift motion, and they all drank their cups to the bottom. Immediately after, Millie had a vodka in her hand, Lola a juice box, and they were refilling them. Another toast was not held, as they silently agreed that this drink would last longer.

"Is Aaron here?" Angie's question was directed at Lola. The pink-haired girl shook her head in disapproval, but the smile did not disappear from her lips. She was a ball of energy, and it was most visible in this place.

"By the time he shows up, we're stealing you for ourselves," Millie announced, grabbing her hand. She held a cup in her other hand, which she quickly gulped down and threw on the counter. The rest of the girls copied her, and in a second, they were pulling each other to the dance floor, laughing loudly.

"What about us?" Josh asked, leaning his back against where Lola had been standing until now. He ended up next to Evan, who was standing close to Kieran, elbows lightly touching. Across from them stood Rory and Aiden. The younger of them still looked like he'd rather be somewhere else, but he still didn't say anything out loud.

"I honestly expected you to stick with Clara," Aiden answered him. After he said her name, all the eyes of those present turned to Josh. His crush was no secret, and everyone expected Josh to make a move at tonight's party.

"She's having fun." He shrugged, not elaborating on his answer. It was not enough for them, which was visible in the way they did not take their eyes off him.

"So?" Evan was the one who decided to get more out of him. Josh sighed and put the half-finished cup to his mouth. Everyone watched him drink and automatically did the same to fill the silence.

"When was the last time you saw her so relaxed?" Josh drew their attention to important detail, and before anyone could jump in, he continued: "She needs to have fun, she needs to enjoy her freedom. The last thing she needs right now is a new guy flirting with her and making her nervous unnecessarily."

"You're a good guy, Josh," Kieran said what everyone was thinking. However, the addressed boy just shook his head, as if it was nothing unusual. And when Evan thought about it, it wasn't. It was the bare minimum that he himself was not used to before meeting Kieran. During his time attending Marwell, he surrounded himself with people who genuinely cared about others and always tried to do the right thing, even if it meant harm to them.