Chapter 85 - Another Wolf

Thursday was officially the day Rory was supposed to meet another wolf. Well, theoretically two since Angie had decided to confess to him with her little secret.

Evan and Ryan decided not to say anything to him for the time being and deal with the situation as it arises. They had good news for Rory so they hoped that things would go okay, and he wouldn't be angry that Rory's rescue team suddenly had more members.

Currently, they were at Evan's house and since his parents weren't home again, they had the perfect opportunity to meet in his living room without worrying if anyone would eavesdrop on them. That way they could say anything, and Michael didn't have to stress unnecessarily about getting in trouble.

Even that didn't stop him from reminding them that it wasn't the best idea, but since the damage had already been done and he didn't have any other close friends in the pack, he decided to be an accomplice in spite of his conscience.

Of course, Angie made sure to constantly mention to him that he was doing great.

So far everything was going according to plan, and Ryan had a message ready for Rory in which he included photos from the books they had found. All he had to do was hit send, but first, they wanted to tell him the basic information they had learned.

Evan sat next to his mate on the couch, phone in hand, waiting for Rory to start the call. Like them, he needed to find a place where he could be sure that no one would eavesdrop on him, and he also needed to make sure that none of his supernatural friends were planning to surprise him at his house.

Since they weren't going to tell him what they were, he wasn't going to tell them in return, he'd figured it out on his own a long time ago. Angie called it bad bitch behaviour, and although Evan thought it was funny, he had to agree. If anyone knew how to stand his ground, it was Rory.

"Is he going to call or what?" Michael asked after a moment. Apparently, he was tired of toying with his phone.

"Give him a second," Evan answered immediately.

"Fine." He sighed and stood up. He pocketed his phone and made his way to Evan's kitchen. Since Evan had been moving around their house like he lived there for a while now, Michael obviously figured he could do the same.

"Do you have any juice?" Angie seemed to like Michael's idea and decided to join in. But not before she found out if it was worth it.

"In the fridge," he answered, and that was enough for her to head for the kitchen.

Rory, as if sensing that his friends were finally alone, started a video call. Evan immediately pressed the green button and the relaxed look on Rory's face (something he hadn't seen much of lately) brought a smile to his face.

"Hey, guys," Rory greeted them with a smile on his face. It was clear that he enjoyed seeing them and Evan was almost proud that they had that effect on him. Rory hadn't been having the easiest time lately and Evan didn't know what he would do in his situation.

"Hey, Ro."

"Hi." Looking at Ryan, it was clear that he was excited to see him too, although Evan knew that the two of them had started texting shortly after he had introduced them. The two of them instantly hit it off and Evan was glad they were getting on. Ryan had long referred to Rory as his friend, and the other boy felt the same way.

"You look happy." Evan decided to try his luck and point out the obvious.

"I'm glad to see you," Rory replied immediately. "Ryan said you had some good news for me."

Evan glanced at his mate, unaware of this information, and he returned it with an innocent tilt of his head. It was clear that Ryan couldn't contain his joy at being able to help Rory and he had to let him know, at least somehow.