Chapter 35 - Cuddles

Evan still couldn't believe it. He was at Kieran's house. His eyes darted all over the place. All the walls, all the decorations, all the details, he tried to remember it all. Every bit that made up the amazing boy by his side.

"I can't believe you're finally here," Kieran's voice came from behind him. He turned to him with a small smile, and his head fell on Kieran's shoulder as he walked closer to him. His arms wrapped around his waist, and Evan's fell on top of his.

He closed his eyes blissfully, inhaling his scent, and allowed himself to completely shut off his mind for a moment. In Kieran's arms, he didn't have to worry about anything happening to him or being hurt again. He knew his beloved would never allow that. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he was offered the thought that he was the one unknowingly hurting him, but he decided to push it back from where it came from.

Kieran's lips touched Evan's shoulder in a short, sweet kiss, sending shivers up his neck. His smile widened until he felt like his lips were going to hurt, but he didn't mind that kind of pain. He finally had a bit of inner peace.

"Me neither," he whispered. Being in the home of someone who wasn't a wolf was something Evan thought would never happen. And now he was standing right here. Not just in a place where people lived, but even in a place that belonged to Kieran. This is where he ate, this is where he wrote his good morning messages to Evan every morning, and this is where he did all the things that made him who he was. Evan felt as if he had uncovered a hidden world that had been within his grasp for months, but only now had he finally seen all its corners.

"How are you feeling?" Kieran asked him at the same volume, but there was a care in his voice that couldn't be overheard.

"Better," he replied and meant it. He knew that the source of his problems was only himself and his indecisive mind. Maybe that's why his problems seemed smaller in Kieran's embrace.

"I'm glad. You wanna lie down?" he suggested, moving to his side but not letting Evan out of his embrace.

"If you'll be with me." Looking into his blue eyes, his voice sounded more suggestive than he intended. He knew Kieran meant it carefully, but it sounded like another offer coming out of his mouth.

"Okay, but you need to rest." Apparently, Kieran also realized that Evan had taken his words to another level and although his eyes moved all over his body for a moment, examining every detail, he didn't let himself get distracted and focused on the priority - Evan's health.

"I will." Although he was slowly starting to get tired, he didn't want to move from his spot so soon. He curled back into Kieran's arms, wrapping his arms around Kieran's waist and resting his cheek against Kieran's shoulder. Without hesitation, Kieran rested his chin on the top of his head, and his hands gripped him tightly yet gently.

Kieran's arms were his safe place. His firm grip kept him afloat, keeping him above the turbulent river of his thoughts that tried to drown him whenever he least expected it. His blue eyes were the sky calling to him, promising him heaven. Maybe that's why Kieran was so good in his heart. He was an angel who fell to Earth to save him from himself. Be that as it may, Evan was thankful every day that he had met him. Maybe his presence complicated his life, but it showed him that there is much more to the world than he originally thought. Suddenly he wanted much more from life.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he admitted honestly. The grip on his waist tightened, and he felt Kieran's lips again, this time in his hair. From there they moved to his temple, then his cheek, and as soon as Evan lifted his head, Kieran's lips landed on the tip of his nose.

"Good thing I'm not going anywhere," the blue-eyed boy chuckled. Evan always admired how even the slightest hint of a smile would be reflected in his eyes. Right now, he felt as if he were looking at sparklers that were burning more and more brightly.