Chapter 99 - The Secret Is Out - Part 2

Although they hadn't agreed on an exact plan (again), the moment they walked into the living room together and Angie's gaze immediately curled to Lola, Evan knew he was going to have the toughest challenge, and he carefully made his way over to Aiden.

For a moment there was a deathly silence in the living room, as if no one dared to react before Lola and Aiden did, while also letting the wolves do it their way.

"What the hell," Aiden's words were something between a whisper and a scream. "Are you telling me it's Evan and Angie?" He turned his head to either side, looking at their friends, but no one answered him.

"Angie's in front of Lola and Evan's in front of you, Aiden," Ryan revealed, and the two wolves stood right in front of their friends, still far enough to not overwhelm them but close enough that they could reach out to them.

Evan made eye contact with the blonde in front of him, though he knew his wolf eyes were more intense than his real ones, and for a moment he summoned gold into them, showing that he was indeed a supernatural being.

"This can't be right," Aiden murmured, but he still didn't break eye contact with the wolf in front of him, as if hypnotised by his eyes.

Evan didn't know if it was a bad thing, but he didn't take his eyes off him either and carefully moved to the ground, lying down so he looked as small as possible and resting his snout on his paws.

"You're so cute." Lola's voice sounded enthusiastic, and as pleased as Evan was by that, he didn't dare break his concentration to see how his friend was doing.

"You can touch him if you want, Aiden," Ryan instructed him gently, and Evan was as grateful as he could be for his mate at the moment.

Aiden, however, gave no indication that he had heard his words, instead continuing to just stare silently into the wolf's eyes without any movement.

"And I thought my reaction was bad," Rory echoed. His tone sounded quite amused, still giving Evan hope.

Even his words didn't shake Aiden out of his trance, though, so Evan decided to take a chance and cautiously crawled over to him, still lying down.

"Can you change back?" The blonde finally spoke up, and it wasn't clear from his tone what he was thinking. His request caught Evan off guard, however, and he had no idea what to do, as he had no desire to be naked in front of everyone.

"He didn't shift in front of you before, because he has to strip naked in order to do that. If he changes back now, he won't be wearing any clothes," Ryan explained, moving closer to the pair so Evan could see him through his peripheral vision.

Aiden seemed to consider his words, his brow furrowing and his lips curling into a tight line. Then he simply nodded silently and averted his gaze to look at Ryan to his left.

"Are you a werewolf too?" he asked bluntly, and since Aiden curled his gaze towards him, Evan allowed himself to do the same.

"I am," Ryan answered him honestly, his eyes turning to a glowing gold. Aiden just watched in silence again, not letting on what he thought about it. This time, however, Lola inserted herself into the conversation and distracted Evan.

"Oh, so you're a cute werewolf couple." She sounded thrilled by this revelation and overall was taking the situation much better than Evan had expected. But with Lola's penchant for romance, no matter if it was books, fan fiction, or series, he had no idea why he was surprised.

Aiden's eyes suddenly curled back to Evan, and this time it was he whose gaze was almost overwhelming. Evan, however, was ready to persevere no matter what.