Chapter 98 - The Secret Is Out - Part 1

The next day Evan was less worried than he had expected. He assumed that yesterday was to blame, and the memory of it brought a smile to his face. Especially when he remembered how they had eventually managed to convince Michael to join their game, and even though he had pretended afterwards to be tortured, Ryan revealed that he was saving his smile for home.

Angie's words also calmed him down. Apparently, she was trying to prepare Lola and Aiden for today, and although she didn't tell them anything specific, she told them that they had something important to tell them and made them promise to hear them out.

Even so, Evan was still a little nervous, so he was glad to have his boyfriend with him. Not to mention that he was successfully distracted by Angie's excitement at the fact that they were going to Marwell by car again since Michael was driving. And though he hadn't been thrilled about sleeping in a different city when Josh had invited him, he'd eventually agreed anyway, and so their little pack was complete for one night.

They had also agreed the night before that this time they would leave the explaining to Angie, since Evan had had the opportunity to do it many times before and she too wanted to feel the thrill of telling someone the biggest secret in the world. (At least, that's what she called it.)

Knowing how much it could make a person anxious, Evan was okay with that.

"Do you remember the way?" Ryan asked his cousin after a moment and Michael simply replied, "I do."

No one questioned his driving skills, and a few minutes later, to the sound of music, they found themselves in front of the same house as yesterday. Josh was waiting for them outside the garage, but the others were nowhere in sight.

"Looks like everyone's a little impatient today," was the first thing Josh said to them as they got out of the car.

"What do you mean?" Angie asked, beating Evan to the punch.

"You're the last ones here," he told them.

Evan's eyes widened in surprise. It seemed that his plan failed right off the bat, as he had planned for them to be here first and have time to mentally prepare. Before he could get unnerved, however, he felt Ryan's hand on his waist, and his tense immediately shoulders slumped.

"Apparently Angie promised them some huge surprise, so they were in a hurry," Josh added, smirking.

Evan looked reproachfully at his best friend, as she had obviously told him a different, milder version of what she had told the others yesterday, and she gave him an innocent look in return.

"Princess dumbass," Michael muttered but of course Angie heard him and swung a hand at him. The black-haired boy, however, was expecting it out of habit and gracefully ducked.

"How come I haven't heard that nickname before?" Josh seemed pleasantly surprised, unlike Angie, who punched him in the shoulder as a precaution to make him forget that nickname quickly.

"No more nicknames," Angie warned everyone with a warning finger, and Evan threw up his hands in surrender since he wasn't planning on using one anyway.

"I don't like them any more than you do," Ryan assured her, and Evan and Michael exchanged a quick look of amusement as they realised what he was referring to.

"I'm sensing a story there," Josh noted their glances, "but I'd love to see the shocked faces of our friends sooner rather than later. So, are we going in?"

No one protested, and together they made their way to Josh's living room, where Lola, Kieran, Rory, and Aiden were already sitting. Aiden and Rory were looking at his phone, with Rory eagerly explaining something and the blonde nodding interestedly, while Lola and Kieran were chatting about something with small smiles on their faces. However, when the five of them walked in, all eyes turned to them.