Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 2)

Ranboo felt his heart stopped. "No. Tubbo, no!" The sentient watched as his husband's breath began to even out, his life slipping through the cosmic cracks of their world. Ranboo's eyes went wide with panic just as it dawned on him what would be his only hope.

His ebony-black left hand slipped into his coat pocket to clumsily bring out his holy grail: a totem of undying. Tears welled in his eyes as the humanoid lay the goat hybrid on the snowy lawn. He then gingerly placed the golden statue atop Tubbo's chest, carefully arranging the boy's hands over it. "Please, Tubbo," Ranboo begged. "Please, be okay."

A white light surrounded Tubbo like a corona to its moon, a mysteriously celestial halo. It glowed and moved like a bright wave of light washing over the goat hybrid. And in the blink of an eye, the light suddenly dispersed into millions of tiny, star-like particles. They danced away in the wind, joining the smoke billowing from the house. Ranboo looked back down from the heavens, and gasped- Tubbo was gone. "There," he breathed. "He should be back by tomorrow, hopefully." But he had his doubts.

Emotions flooded the poor sentient's soul, filling the being with grief, sorrow, and despair. He collapsed face first into the freshly fallen snow. The action alone made Philza jump.

"Ranboo!"

Wet sobs soon reached the mens' ears as the humanoid wept. "Tubbo!" Philza stood off to the side, bowing his head as a sign of respect. He made sure to turn Michael away from the scene, giving the young piglin's father time to grieve.

"Philza," Techno called, approaching the raven hybrid. "What are we going to do?"

Rogue strands of blonde hair floated in the wind as the man let out a sigh. "I suppose we could have Ranboo move in with me for a while. That's the only way I see."

Techno rubbed the end of his chin in thought. "How did this fire even start anyway?"

Philza could only offer a shrug. "I don't know, mate. You saw the same as I did. All those books stacked up in there- It's no wonder the whole place went up in smoke."

Ranboo's green and red eyes flew open. No. It- It couldn't be. The sentient scrambled up to his feet to gawk at his crumbling house. Bits and pieces of foreign memories flashed in his mind: a candle, a lighter, a tower of books. The humanoid couldn't believe it- he was the creature of his nightmares. He had burned down his house.

Something more primitive, more primeval than fear raced through Ranboo's veins. It was a sick kind of fear that sent his psyche into a tailspin, igniting his every synapse and nerve. He had put his Michael in danger, and he had caused his Tubbo to die. A heart-wrenching cry escaped the poor creature's throat as the life he once held dear burned down to ash. No. No! No!!

A switch in the innermost recesses of Ranboo's mind suddenly flickered on. He flinched as a strange force jolted him forward a step. Ranboo clawed at his scalp as an esoteric purple glow sent beams of light out from his eyes. In the blink of an eye, the being felt a change back to his humanoid state, his eyes no longer bleeding violet. Ranboo yelped as he switched again. And again.

With every spike in his anxious thoughts, he drew closer and closer to his enderman side. He could feel every cell in his body surrendering, and it scared him. If he fell into an enderwalk trance now,...what more damage would be done?

Ranboo couldn't see straight. He couldn't breathe. Physiology and psychology overflowed past the being's breaking point. Ranboo crumpled to his knees; his eyes rolled to this back of his head and his body fell limp in the snow.

I thought about ending the story here, but then thanks to my insomnia I have like a loose idea for a fully developed story now

So there's that.

Gonna be crazy, so stay tuned! Get ready for Dreamon lore! :D

Thank you for the 2 votes and all the reads on this little story. You make me smile, lovelies. <33

[Image Credits] "Night Snow" (Cropped Slightly) by Collapse The Light (https://www

[Image Credits] "Night Snow" (Cropped Slightly) by Collapse The Light (https://www.flickr.com/photos/eamon33/2157491386/)