Chapter 36: The Aftermath

(!) Trigger Warning: Panic Attack (!)

Bad led the way through the dark, moisture-laden caves to the home of The Egg. Two slaves of The Eggpire dragged Ranboo the entire way, releasing the enderman three feet from their master. Ranboo gulped- there was no escape now.

"Oh, glorious Egg," Bad hailed, "majestic and fair, we found this beast trying to blow up your lair. What fate shall we serve him?"

"Please," Ranboo begged, eyes to the crimson monster, "I was trying to save you. I didn't-"

"Silence, cretin!" Bad shouted. "How dare you speak before The Egg!"

"This enderman threatens me," The Egg hissed into the air. "He knows of what lies beneath. He has defeated our allies, and left us weakened."

The demon hybrid kicked the back of Ranboo's knees in retaliation, sending him to the floor. "Allow us to return the favor, then, Master," Bad purred. "Should we knock out his teeth? Starve him for days? Maybe pay a visit to his family?"

"No!" the enderman shouted. "Please! Anything but that! Leave them out of this- please!"

"Silence, wretch!" A blow to the back of the head had Ranboo crumpling to the ground, groaning in pain.

The Egg chortled with glee. "Yes, yes. We shall involve the being's family," the red monster decided. "They will witness his death at our hands,...and then be made to join us."

"Don't you dare touch my family!!" Ranboo yelled, scrambling up to a stand. "They'd rather die than join you."

"Then die they will."

Ranboo felt his world fall out from under him. Had he just negotiated his family's death? A pure terror gripped at his vocal chords as tears leaked from his eyes. What had he done?

"Guards," Bad called, "take him away, and prepare for the execution."

As Ranboo was taken away, the enderman fought back with everything he had. Hope was slipping through his fingers, his last chance at saving his family fading out. He had to do something-

"No!! They didn't do anything!!" he screamed. "Let them go!!"

But it was no use. The sentient's pleas fell on deaf ears as he was dragged further and further away from The Egg. The beginnings of a panic attack bloomed in Ranboo's chest faster than he'd ever experienced. "No...No...NOOO!!"

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!"