Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot

Ranboo could've sworn he was suffering from déjà vu. When he had come out of yet another enderwalk trance, the hybrid found himself surrounded by crates of TNT. Again. Stacks of trinitrotoluene loomed over him like towers of death in the stone tunnel. Even the bend in the mined-out hallway was the same. Did I...walk back to The Egg? Ranboo thought. No. No! Oh, gods, no!

The last clear memory he held was running from Wilbur in the woods near the prison. The enderman groaned, rubbing at his eyes in frustration. The twisted Brit must have sent him here...but for what purpose? Ranboo didn't know, and frankly, he didn't want to know; he just wanted to get to the prison and put an end to this nightmare. And so, the sentient climbed atop the mountain of dynamite, grabbed a nearby pick-axe, and began to mine out the ceiling.

Minutes passed as he carved out his escape, tunneling his way to the surface. With his back pressed against one wall, and his feet to the other, Ranboo made his ascent. It was slow work, but he was determined. He would have his freedom. The being swung his pick-axe in a solid rhythm- Clink! Clink! Clink! Thud! Well, that didn't sound like stone.

Ranboo wiped away at the rocky residue on the ceiling to find the smooth texture of processed iron. Iron? This must be someone's base, the sentient figured. Where am I? Ranboo continued to mine at the iron blocks until he struck air. The being gingerly hoisted himself out of the hole, took one look at his new environment, and nearly had a heart attack. "MCDONALD'S?!?"

The iron-tiled floor sparkled with a glossy sheen of wax. Wooden tables were scattered throughout the space, complementing the wooden menu signs above the cash register. The red and white color scheme was all too familiar- he really had tunneled into McDonald's. Luckily, it seemed that the restaurant was closed for the day, meaning there were no witnesses to the humanoid's crime.

Ranboo's mind spun with unanswered questions as he came to terms with reality: Why was there a stock-pile of explosives beneath the building? Did Wilbur want to blow up McDonald's? What did he have against happy meals?

The sentient paused to consider the evidence. It looks like Wilbur wants to blow up both McDonald's and The Egg, he reasoned. It just seems so random...Is there anywhere else he might have planted explosives? There was only one way to find out. With his pick-axe in hand, Ranboo hopped back down the hole and into the TNT lair. He hoped that his tool's durability would withstand the mining that needed to be done.

Everywhere. There were bombs everywhere. Ranboo had checked under every major building in town, and had found explosives every single time. Under each establishment was a small pocket of Earth, a ring of TNT that outlined the building above. The stock-piles had been carefully calculated to only contain what was necessary to obliterate their target. They were planned and precise acts of terrorism just waiting to wreak havoc on the world above.

The sentient paced up and down the town's boardwalk, trying to come up with his next course of action. He had to warn the townspeople of the threat, but he didn't want to incite pandemonium. He could remove the TNT himself, but a project like that would take days, and he didn't have the time. He needed help. He needed-

"Ranboo! Oh, thank the gods we found you!"

Ranboo ended up at McDonald's Lol XDDD But what will he do with all those explosives??

I wonder who came to help Ranboo?...Vote to keep them safe!!

As always, thank you for taking the time to read and support this story. Ily more than McDonald's loves their happy meals. <333

[Image Credits] "Auckland Savings Bank Interior, McDonalds

[Image Credits] "Auckland Savings Bank Interior, McDonalds.jpg" (Cropped Slightly) by Ingolfson(https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Auckland_Savings_Bank_Interior,_McDonalds.jpg)