Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 3)

Determined to save the server, the humanoid sprinted back to the stone room, hopped into the mine cart, and shot off towards Las Nevadas. If he remembered correctly, there had been an adjacent tunnel leading off to Snowchester. Ranboo planned to ride the rails to his home in the winter forest, and see that the nukes were untouched- at least, that's what he hoped would happen. The minute he arrived back at the central station, the being rushed off towards his next destination.

"Why, hello there, Ranboo."

The hybrid nearly jumped out of his skin at the sound of the voice; in hindsight, he really should have expected this specific stranger to find him at some point. "Wilbur. What are you doing down here?"

The ex-anarchist stepped out of the shadows to confront the intruding hybrid. The dimmed light of the torches from the Syndicate Tunnel cast an eerie glow over the man, highlighting the crazy glint in his eyes. A wicked smirk took shape on his features, giving him a chaotically sinister aura. With his hands on his hips, Wilbur drawled, "I could be asking the same thing of you. Besides, don't you have a job to do?"

"Uhm...no. I don't believe I do," Ranboo replied, voice slow and cautious. He didn't know what to expect from the mad man; it was better to be safe than sorry with Wilbur Soot.

The ex-president threw his head back in a throaty laugh. "Oh, but I think you do." At the snap of the man's fingers, the cavern came to life. The familiar silhouettes of dark, shadowy beings floated into the torch light, standing at attention behind their master. Ranboo's eyes went wide with fear. Dreamons.

The hunter reached behind him to grab the hoe slung over his shoulder, only to grasp at air. Ranboo swore under his breath. Curse my forgetfulness, he internally scolded. This is why I keep that journal-

"Are you scared, Ranboo?" the evil Brit taunted.

"No," the halfling responded, gritting his teeth. "I'm not scared." He might be unprepared in the face of death, but he would never admit that to the enemy. He'd find a way out of this- he was sure of it.

The villain's cackles suddenly fell silent. His cocky demeanor was replaced by a confident yet solemn expression. "You should be." As Wilbur raised his arms, the translucent demons rose as well, floating higher and higher towards the ceiling of the cavern. One snap of the man's fingers set if off; all of a sudden, the ghostly beings swooped down upon their new prey.

Ranboo crouched into a defensive position, bracing his arms above his head as a harsh yell was ripped from his throat. Despite his eyes being shut, the sentient could sense the mysterious beings around him, circling him, encroaching on his space. Then, he heard the faintest of whispers in his ear:

"You're not strong enough, Ranboo."

"Not a man and not an enderman."

"Creature of the night...just like us."

Ranboo shook his head in distress. He covered his ears, trying to shut out the terrible words. "No, no. Stop." But the malevolent beings continued their wicked game:

"Can't stop Wilbur."

"Can't stop Five Crowns."

"Can't stop us."

"Yes, I can. I can!" Ranboo shouted, shooting back up to a stand. "I can! Leave me alone!"

"Can't save the server," the dreamons hissed.

"Can't save yourself."

"Can't save Tubbo."

"NNOOOO!!"

Something primal snapped in Ranboo's mind as the sudden emotions overwhelmed him. All the guilt and sorrow surrounding Tubbo's death exploded in the poor humanoid's chest. The sentient screamed as a searing pain rippled through his head. Reality slipped away as his consciousness was replaced by an alternate being, one he dreaded to even acknowledge. The creature's eyes glowed violet and their body went stiff; Ranboo had entered an enderwalk state.

Wilbur smirked, taking pride in his control over the enderman hybrid. The dreamons fled back to the shadows, leaving their victim at the mercy of his new master. "Hello, Ranboo," he sneered. "Why don't you go finish that job- the one in Las Nevadas?" The creature nodded and stumbled off towards the staircase, back to the city of diamonds.

Wilbur chuckled at the sight. Everything was as it should be; nothing could stop him now.

asdfghjklkjhg Wilbur triggered an enderwalk state!! Is Wilbur the real man in charge??

Vote to wake Ranboo up!!

As always, thank you to everyone who reads and supports!! Each and every one of you are truly treasures. <333

[Image Credits] "Purple smoke" (Cropped Slightly) by Berit Watkin (https://www

[Image Credits] "Purple smoke" (Cropped Slightly) by Berit Watkin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/ben124/6995081932/)