Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 2)

(!) Trigger Warning: violent act (!)

As the sovereign ruler of the SMP kingdom, Eret vowed to make amends with Wilbur at the meeting, And speak of the devil, his guest had arrived.

Wilbur entered the castle with a tasteful smirk and the hungry eyes of a predator. He waltzed down the long, red carpet as if he owned the place, mocking the royal décor with fake gasps and surprised gestures. Eret rolled his eyes at the blatant disrespect; he could only assume the man was jealous of his power.

"Wilbur," the monarch greeted, "I'm glad you could make it." His brow furrowed moments later as he noticed the man was shadowed by two familiar figures. "I didn't know you were bringing company..."

"Ah, yes, well," the ex-president started, adjusting his glasses slightly, "I have a bit of an announcement to make, and, as it concerns Quackity and BadBoyHalo, I thought they might tag along. I hope you don't mind?"

"No," the monarch replied. "Not at all." Eret rose from his throne to get a better read on his guests. Sure, the three leaders appeared normal: Wilbur in his tattered coat, Quackity in his dirtied suit, and Bad with his black, hooded cloak. Maybe it was their front man's cocky attitude when he walked right on in, or maybe it was the crazy glint present in each members' eyes. Either way, Eret chose to keep his guard up. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Good!" Wilbur exclaimed, climbing the steps to the throne. "Now that we've got pleasantries out of the way, I'm here to announce a partnership." The man threw his arm around Eret's shoulder, and made a grande sweeping gesture with the other. "Quackity, BadBoyHalo, and I have entered into an alliance."

Eret turned to look the ex-dictator in the eye. Beyond the spark of mischief, the king noted a firm resolve- he was serious. "That's wonderful," the monarch responded cordially. "Are you asking for my hand in the arrangement?"

"Not quite," Wilbur hummed, uncurling his arm from the king.

"You see, Eret," Quackity continued, "you've made it very clear that you want nothing to do with our future plans."

"Is this about your peace treaty proposal?" Eret questioned. He scoffed. "The Five Crowns? I've told you time and time again that I want no part in it. All nations deserve equality and independence- this union would destroy us all."

BadBoyHalo covered his mouth as a loud cackle escaped him. "And how is that?"

Eret fixed a hard glare on the demon hybrid. "You know as well as I do, Bad, that this land was never meant for one ruler. History has proven-"

"Oh, history!" Wilbur cut in, his tone dripping with fake enthusiasm. "What fun! Do you know what my favorite lesson from history is, Eret?" The monarch shook his head. "The story of Julius Caesar." With the flick of the wrist, the knife hidden in Wilbur's sleeve was released from its confines, slipping into its owner's grip. The Brit grabbed the hilt of the weapon, and buried it deep in Eret's back.

*GASP!* WILBUR STABBED ERET!!! :O What will happen next?! Will Eret fight back?? 

Vote to send help!!

And, as always, thank you all for the reads and support! Ily more than Wilbur loves his coat. <333

[Image Credits] "Dagger with jeweled hilt" (Cropped Slightly) by Karen Green (https://www

[Image Credits] "Dagger with jeweled hilt" (Cropped Slightly) by Karen Green (https://www.flickr.com/photos/klg19/11259618274/)