Chapter 26: A New Hope (Part 2)

(!) Trigger Warning: suicidal talk (!)

The last defenses around the goat hybrid's heart finally came tumbling down, revealing the hybrid's vulnerable state of misery. Tubbo's breath hitched with a broken sob, and it was all over. He launched himself into Ranboo's arms, clinging to his platonic partner like a lost child. Tears streamed down the poor hybrid's face as both sorrow and regret washed over him. "R- Ranboo! I- I didn't! I'm sorry!"

The enderman halfling shushed his beloved, running his hand up and down his husband's back. "I know. It's okay."

Tubbo let out a sniffle, and craned his neck up to look at Ranboo. "I'm so sorry, Ranboo! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" the goat hybrid cried. "I just- I was so depressed, I thought the only way out was- was death." Tubbo hid his face in Ranboo's jacket, ashamed.

"Hey, hey. Look at me, Tubbo."

The goat hybrid whined out a muffled "No...", but he did as he was told. Instead of meeting angry, judgmental eyes, Tubbo was met with the eyes of an angel- so sweet and caring. In a gentle tone of hushed reassurance, his husband said, "I promise you that death is not your only option. I have a plan to fix everything. You have to trust me, alright?"

Tubbo nodded his head, a small smile crossing his smile. "I trust you, Ranboo."

The enderman let out a sigh of content. "Good." Turning back toward the exit, the sentient said, "Go get Michael and take him outside. Call Fundy and Sapnap- tell them it's urgent, and it can't wait."

"But Ranboo-"

"They don't have to know what you did, but we do need their help. Trust me- just go." As the enderman turned back to face his husband, he suddenly grabbed his head and started to sway.

"Ranboo!"

Tubbo quickly steadied the creature as he blinked back into consciousness. "Ranboo, are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine," his soulmate shrugged, waving the other off. "Just hurry." Tubbo ran to cross the threshold of his bunker; he heard Ranboo shout out, "And don't forget your dreamon hunting uniform!".

The goat hybrid shook his head in content disbelief. Ranboo had always been a careful planner for as long as he could remember; Tubbo had faith that this time was no different. As he entered the main part of the house, he surrendered his fate to his platonic husband, and set out to complete his tasks.

The snow crunched under the heavy footsteps of humans and humanoids alike. The once-pristine landscape was now patterned with footprints, all leading to a lone, house on the frontier. The Beloveds stood out front, surrounded by friends and family. It was cold, dark, and tense, unanswered questions swirling in the minds of the guests. The Crow Father started first.