Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 2)

(!) Trigger Warning: dead body (!)

Wilbur chuckled. "Hello, Fundy. Sapnap. I see you've already found Eret." A chill ran through Fundy's body as he remembered the wound on his friend's back. How could his father be so cruel?

Sapnap lashed out at the Brit with a tense rage. "Why would you do this?!" he shouted. "Eret was a good friend and a great king. He brought peace-"

"Peace?" Wilbur scoffed. "Peace is such a relative term these days, don't you think? What I would consider peace probably isn't what Fundy would consider now, is it?"

The fox hybrid narrowed his eyes at the man, biting back the urge to release a deep growl. "What are you planning, Wil?"

"Peace," the man responded. "I'm going to bring peace to this server once and for all." The Brit began to walk around the pair in an arc towards the throne, continuing his monologue. "Yes, there will be no more wars and no more bloodshed." With a sound thump!, the man fell into the plush cushions lining the throne with a smile. "Just peace."

Fundy shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe his father was dumb enough to repeat history all over again. Was he delusional, or just plain arrogant? "What do you really want from all this?" the halfling ventured. "Because there's no way this is going to work- you know that, right? I mean, it's L'Manberg all over again! You can't just decide to be ruler over something that isn't yours!"

Wilbur laughed. "But what if I can?" he dared to ask. "What if I can do whatever I want when I want? What if I'm the perfect man for the job?"

"That throne doesn't belong to you!" Sapnap yelled. "It belongs to Eret!"

"It belongs to Dream!" the Brit shot back. "Eret was nothing more than a pawn while Dream was in jail, but that will all change soon enough."

Fundy's eyes widened in shock. "Don't tell me you- Did you- Are you seriously going to break Dream out of prison?!"

A wicked smirk spread across Wilbur's face. "Oh, it won't just be me, though. I'm sure my allies wouldn't mind lending a hand or two."

Sapnap crossed his arms. "Who would want to side with you?"

"Dream for starters," Wilbur drawled. "Do the names Quackity and BadBoyHalo ring any bells?"

Fundy gasped. Wilbur, Dream, Quackity, and Bad all working together? With their combined strength and resources, they certainly had the ability to plunge the server into eternal darkness. "Why?" the fox hybrid demanded. "Honestly, why would you work with them? You're all just power-hungry dictators."

"Not all of us," Wilbur corrected. "Shame on you, Fundy. I raised you better than this. Stereotyping is not the Soot way." With an air of cocky arrogance, the mad man came to a stand. "Dream is weaker than ever; he doesn't stand a chance at real leadership. Quackity is only in it for the money, and when the resources dry up, so will he. And Bad is just a pawn for The Egg, leaving him vulnerable to attack from neighboring countries. So, that leaves me."

In a voice strong with resolve, Fundy responded, "There's just one problem with that." The halfling strode up to his demented father, a hardened determination swirling in his eyes, meeting him chest to chest. "Us dreamon hunters won't let you. You'll have to kill me first."

Oooooh Fundy's taking a stand

Oooooh Fundy's taking a stand. Will Wilbur kill his own son??

Vote to give the dreamon hunters strength!! 

As always, thank you so much for reading and for all the support!! Ily more than Wilbur loves making crazy plans. <333

[Image Credits] "smoke screen 04" (Cropped Slightly) by Alexandre W (https://www

[Image Credits] "smoke screen 04" (Cropped Slightly) by Alexandre W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/morzar/3308946908/)