Chapter 27: The Hunt

After a short journey across the sea, Ranboo and his task force arrived at Eret's castle. He didn't waste any time; with a sense of urgency coursing through his veins, the sentient led the charge to the end of the red carpet.

"Eret!!"

The king, who sat discussing something with his attendant, jumped at the sound of his name. His brow furrowed at the sight of so many unannounced guests. "Ranboo? What are you doing here?"

The enderman had his hands on his knees, struggling to catch his breath; Eret took this as an opportunity to acknowledge the rest of his visitors. "Technoblade, Sapnap, and President Tubbo- what a surprise. That's incredible, President Tubbo. I was just about to send for you."

"Really?" Tubbo queried. "What for?"

Eret shooed his attendant out from the throne room and sighed. "I have a bit of an unusual request," the king confessed, "and I thought, with your set of skills, you'd know exactly how to handle it. It seems as though something is haunting my castle. I was hoping you could help me get to the bottom of it."

Sapnap gasped. "Oh my gods! They could be dreamons!!"

"Dreamons?" Techno echoed. "What's that?"

Tubbo immediately spun around to face the piglin. "Dreamons are a special class of demons," he replied. "They're very rare, but very dangerous."

Ranboo stepped in front of the group, and bent himself into a deep bow before the throne. "We'd like to stay the night and catch these evil creatures, if it would please you, Your Highness."

Eret clapped his hands together and smiled. "Splendid! By all means, please, stay the night. My armory's at your disposal, should you need any weapons. Dinner will begin shortly in the main hall-"

"Dinner?" Sapnap inquired. "Alright!" The human raced out of the throne room, his heart set on finding his free meal.

Ranboo shook his head fondly at the man's antics. Tonight would be interesting to say the least. One good meal together would surely do them some good.

As the sun set on the horizon, the shadows of the castle stretched longer and longer, appearing more ominous as time went on. Techno lazily swung his diamond hoe behind a decorative pillar, and sighed when nothing happened. "I don't understand what the big deal is with these dreamons," the piglin huffed. "They're just demons. It's not like they'd hurt us or anything."

"Dreamons are no joke, Techno. They're nothing like demons," Ranboo said. "Wait, have you fought a demon before?"

The piglin shrugged. "Never had to," he replied. "I'm the Blood God. Demons practically worship me."