Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 3)

"Oh, Ranboo," a sinister voice called. "Time to wake up."

The creature blinked slowly as he transitioned back to his humanoid state. The violet light in his eyes faded back to their usual green and red heterochromia. As the fog in his mind cleared, Ranboo began to take in his new surroundings- the sentient yelped. The sudden jolt of his body caused him to stumble. One of his feet missed the edge of the precipice, and suddenly, Ranboo was falling.

He blindly shot his arms out as he twisted around in the air. His hand grabbed the edge just in time. The sentient looked down at the hand that dangled freely to find himself still gripping his journal. Ranboo let out a sigh of relief- at least he'd had half a mind to save the book during his enderwalk. Using all the strength he possessed, the being hoisted himself back into the box, where he collapsed to the floor.

Panting, his thoughts racing, Ranboo tried to process what had just happened. I almost died. I almost DIED, he screamed inside his mind. I- I can't believe it...Dream really can control my enderwalks. I always had a feeling that would be the case, but this just proves it. He's- He's psychotic!

A stereotypically evil cackle assaulted Ranboo's ears, stopping the whirlwind of thoughts that tore through his mind. The being looked up to find the mastermind holding his belly as he laughed heartily.

Rage coursed through Ranboo's veins. How dare Dream laugh at his pain? Was there no low this man wouldn't reach, no right he wouldn't breach? Ranboo scowled- he'd had enough. The being shot up to a stand, ready to confront the dangerous criminal. "You can't just keep controlling me like that!" he yelled. "You need to stop!"

Dream smirked. "I'll do whatever I want. You can't stop me."

The sentient straightened his posture, his eyes filling with determination beyond a doubt. "Fortunately for me, the street runs both ways, Dream," the being stated. "I will find what your plans are, and I will put a stop to them." The black and white humanoid gestured back to Sam, signaling the end of his visit. The warden pulled a lever, and the platform slowly chugged its way across the sea.

Dream remained eerily quiet while the two waited for Ranboo's mobile exit to the jail cell. The only tell that showed the masked man's emotions was the wicked sneer plastered on his face. When the platform did arrive, Dream began to chuckle, the laughter increasing in volume as Ranboo was transported back to Sam. It was when the creature had finally left the prison that Dream dared to speak something under his breath: "It's only a matter of time, my loyal servant. It won't be long now."

Where will Ranboo end up next? Maybe towards Las Nevadas??

Vote to help Ranboo discover Dream's plans!

As always, thank you for reading and supporting my story! You're all very kind. <333

[Image Credits] "Evil smile" (Cropped Slightly) by Andrew Dobos (https://www

[Image Credits] "Evil smile" (Cropped Slightly) by Andrew Dobos (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dobosandrew/17749742052/)