Chapter 8: The Set-Up

For the third time in two days, the prison entertained a visitor. With his sword in its sheath and crown on his head, Technoblade stormed up to the mighty fortress, demanding to see the warden. Worry for his enderman friend charged his veins, pumping adrenaline through his body. Ranboo never returned home after his visit with Dream, and he needed to know why. Now.

Just as Techno's last nerve began to fray, the chiming sound of The Nether portal rang in his ears. A figure stepped out onto the grass: Sam the warden had finally deigned to be in his presence. Decked in a full set of armor, the man was a symbol of power and authority. He was tall for a half-creeper; at over seven feet tall, he towered over the nearly six-foot Technoblade. His skin was a chess board of green and grey squares, all in varying shades of the two colors. One look into the humanoid's forest-green eyes was often enough to force his enemies into submission, lest they tempt the stoic beast within.

Upon seeing the piglin hybrid, Sam groaned. "What is it, Technoblade?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Techno narrowed his rose-pink eyes at the humanoid, fully intent on getting the answers he needed. "Sam, I'm looking for Ranboo," he started. "Have you seen him? Has he been here at all?"

The warden gave him a firm nod. "Yeah, he was here yesterday. He said he had to visit Dream, and it was urgent."

Techno gave a low grunt. At least his brother in-law had made it this far. But where had he gone? "Okay...Do you know what they talked about?"

"No, the send-off station is too far from the main jail cell. I couldn't hear anything if I wanted to." But then, the warden paused. He hummed, rubbing at the green and grey patches under his chin. "Something weird did happen though," he admitted. "Right before the end of the visit, Ranboo almost fell off the edge of the box. His eyes were glowing purple, too. It was really weird."

"WHAT?!"

Techno's mind raced with plausible explanations for the near-tragic event. Dream must have triggered an enderwalk out of him, Techno growled internally. How dare that bastard play mind games with Ranboo? With the death of his platonic husband still weighing on his heart, Ranboo was undoubtedly fragile. The poor boy would likely snap under any sort of mental manipulation, which was, unfortunately, a nasty habit of Dream.

Techno knew the easiest way to find his brother in-law would be to speak with the criminal mastermind himself, so that's where he'd start. The warrior straightened his back, and with his head held high, he dared to say: "Sam, I need to visit Dream. Right now."

The warden sighed, running a hand down his face in exasperation. "Are you sure, Technoblade? Are you really sure you want to visit Dream? Because once I let you in-"

"Sam, I won't ask you again," the piglin stated. His left hand came to rest on the hilt of his sword, a silent warning to the warden. "Let me see Dream."

Sam mumbled something under his breath, only to meet Techno with a resigned look of defeat. "Alright. I'll let you see him," he relented. "Follow me."

Through The Nether portal and down the halls they went, navigating the labyrinth-like prison with precision and accuracy. At the final checkpoint, Sam requested that Techno leave his sword behind, as was required by all visitors. Begrudgingly, the piglin agreed.

As he awaited the arrival of the transportation platform, Techno looked over the sea of lava and bit back the growl building up in his throat. A mere pluck of his bow and arrow could end the menace of the server. The warrior cursed himself for not thinking to smuggle the weapon inside. But in the end, it didn't matter- weapons or not, Techno would get what he wanted out of Dream. For Ranboo, and for Tubbo.

What will Techno find when he enters the prison?? Will Dream tell him any secrets??

Vote to make sure nothing *cough cough* SUSPICIOUS happens. ;)

As always, thank you all for the love and support in all shapes and sizes. Ily more than Techno cares for his brother in-law <333

 Ily more than Techno cares for his brother in-law <333

[Image Credits] "Veave in jail.jpg" (Cropped Slightly) by Barnellbe [Yes, they spelled "Leave" wrong] (https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Veave_in_jail.jpg)