Chapter 7: The City of Gambling

The sun hung high in the sky by the time Ranboo made it over the hill and onto the Las Nevadas city bridge. After surviving death the prior evening, he and Fundy had decided to join forces and hunt down the escaped dreamons. The server was already on the verge of war without supernatural intervention. The last thing they all needed was a paranormal infestation- they already had The Egg to deal with.

Ranboo shuddered at the mere thought of facing another shadow beast. That night, he had seen death's face, a visage of true horror and despair. He wondered if Tubbo had met a similar being as he was welcomed into the arms of death...His heart felt heavy just thinking about it.

The sentient passed the stone archway, only to be met by Fundy at the bridge's toll booth. "Hey, Ranboo. Long time no see," the fox hybrid jested. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Fundy threw his head back in a loud cackle; all Ranboo could do was sigh. "Yes, that's very funny," he said flatly. "Are you ready to hunt these shadow boys or not?"

Fundy tsked in disapproval. "Man, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. But fear not! For have a plan." The fox hybrid reached under his cobblestone desk to pull out two cartons of farm fresh eggs.

The enderman halfling stared down at the produce, puzzled. "Eggs? What do we need eggs for?"

"Why, that's basic dreamon hunting one-oh-one, my friend," Fundy said, leaning his elbow up on the desk. "We use the eggs to help cleanse the person of the dreamon. It's only temporary, until we can perform the ritual, really."

"The what?"

Fundy shook his head. "Don't worry. I already set up a pit to hold the dreamons. We're all set to go!" Ranboo's mind raced with so many questions, but he found it best not to ask them just yet. Better to let the expert lead now than to stifle his process.

The fox hybrid stepped out of the booth to reveal a dashing new outfit. He was dressed in a red t-shirt paired with gray jeans and black combat boots. A long, teal-colored trench coat with a trail of brass buttons up the front adorned his slim and fit figure. The matching teal cap was a nice touch to finish it off.

"Oh! And look at the back!" Fundy spun around to show off the embroidery on the back: a upside down smiley face hand-stitched in gold. Ranboo had a vague memory of seeing something like this in Tubbo's closet once, sometime before the fire...

"Ranboo!"

The enderman hybrid was abruptly brought out of his sorrowful trance by Fundy calling his name. "Yes?"

The fox hybrid was now holding a set of folded clothes similar to the ones he wore. "I said put these on."

The sentient narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Why?"

"Because you're a dreamon hunter now, and it's the uniform!" Fundy reasoned. "It's made of anti-dreamon fabric, so wearing it will protect you. And I spent all night sewing this together, dammit! So try it on!"

Will Fundy and Ranboo find any dreamons haunting Las Nevadas?? Stay tuned to find out!

Vote to protect Fundy and Ranboo!!

And, as always, thank you for the love and support on all my stories. Y'all are fantastic, lovely humans. <333

[Image Credits] "Sewing machine f2958256

[Image Credits] "Sewing machine f2958256.jpg" (Cropped Slightly) by Rama (https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sewing_machine_f2958256.jpg)