Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor (Part 2)

Bad shook his head in disbelief, a sigh escaping his lips. "I admire the loyalty you hold for this traitor," the hybrid mocked. "You will be rewarded for your most noble efforts: After you watch your beloved criminal die, you will die with him!"

Suddenly, the Earth began to tremble, quaking in fear as Bad's promise was delivered. Fissures began to cut across the Earth's crust, sending the audience into a panic. A mighty crack! sounded off from behind the stage, dirt flying in every direction. Meanwhile, a gigantic, red tentacle burst forth from the ground, twisting and curling its way into the air.

Tubbo looked on in horror as a series of crimson tendrils began to pierce the skies. The goat hybrid yanked his father up to a stand. "Come on, Philza!! We have to go!!"

The hybrids ran down the row of empty chairs, climbing over the mortified guests on their way to freedom. One of the tentacles fell from the heavens with a powerful thump!, blocking the family's chance at escape. A frightened piglin squeal ripped through the air at an unnaturally high frequency. Tubbo whirled back around; the ongoing chaos must have woken his son.

"Dada! Dada!!"

"I'm right here, Michael. It's okay," the goat hybrid said, taking the child into his arms. "Everything's fine. Just keep your eyes closed, okay? Everything's gonna be fine."

The massive tendrils wrapped themselves around the seating area for the audience, creating a pen for its human and hybrid stock; there was no way out. "Quick!" Philza shouted, "Give me the child! I'll fly him home!!"

The old man climbed on top of a chair, and Tubbo handed him Michael. "Hold on tight, Michael!" the Crow Father said. "Here we go!" Philza spread his black wings to their full length, and jumped into a free flight straight up. He could literally taste the freedom in the air, soaring higher and higher, until- something grabbed his ankle. The crow hybrid looked down and gasped- a small, thin tendril had caught him mid-flight. He was doomed.

The creature yanked down hard on the man's ankle, jerking him a few feet closer to the Earth. The action was so violent and so sudden, it sent the hybrid scrambling to hold on to his grandson. Philza struggled with every fiber of his being, his wings flapping and his legs thrashing, but it was no use; the monster had won.

After a good, long fight, the tendril managed to reel the two hybrids back to the banquet. As an extra precaution, the tentacle wrapped itself around the man's body, tying both Philza and Michael to the ground below.

"Philza! Michael!"

"Tubbo, don't get too close!" the elder warned. "It'll grab you!"

A rogue vine broke free from the main tentacle, lifting its head as if it were hunting its next prey. Tubbo reluctantly backed away from the two in fear. He had stumbled into hell on Earth- a true nightmare, and he couldn't wake up.

"Ah, yes. I see you've met our guest of honor," Bad purred. "The Egg." Members of The Eggpire that stood along the sides of the stage disappeared behind the main curtain, only for the crimson fabric to drop seconds later. The first explosion of dirt hadn't been a tentacle breaching the surface...it had been The Egg.

THE EGG HAS APPEARED!!! ASDFGHJKLKJHGF!!! DDD:

VOTE TO SAVE THE SERVER FROM THIS FOUL BEAST!!!

As always, thank you for tolerating all these random updates throughout the day. I'm literally rushing to finish this story to stop stressing. Forgive me- it'll all be over by the 30th!! <333

[Image Credits] "Ollie's Tentacles" (Cropped Slightly, rotated twice, and added a stupid amount of filters off my iPhone's settings through multiple drafts of the picture) by timlewisnm (https://www

[Image Credits] "Ollie's Tentacles" (Cropped Slightly, rotated twice, and added a stupid amount of filters off my iPhone's settings through multiple drafts of the picture) by timlewisnm (https://www.flickr.com/photos/10343926@N02/3479196422)