Chapter 36: The Aftermath (Part 2)

As it turned out, the first and last nukes had freed everyone from The Egg, while the second one blew it up. Ranboo had managed to eradicate the entire Eggpire, but had sacrificed himself in the process. Little had he known that he would be his own savior as well. On the night of the first fire, Ranboo had used a totem of undying to save Tubbo. And due to the magical process of time travel, Ranboo had possessed that very same totem in his blazer pocket when he'd died. It was like he'd never used it.

"So, we knew you'd come back eventually, or at least end up in limbo," Tubbo said, "but Techno didn't like that very much."

The piglin had decided that he wasn't waiting several days to see his brother in-law- he was going to see him now, no matter what the cost. The Underworld may only be accessible to dreamons, but Technoblade was no ordinary mortal. The warrior piglin had charged down to hell, bust down its gates, and demanded to speak to the head demon himself. As a favor for all the orphan blood he'd spilt, Technoblade had requested the return of Ranboo's soul.

The dreamons had put up a long, brutal fight, but in the end, it was the demons that gave in to the hybrid. Evidently, the Blood God really did have a pact with the demons; they were more than happy to hand over the enderman. After having been fed by the hybrid's bloodlust for years, it was the least they could do. And so, Technoblade carried Ranboo back from hell, and brought him back to The Syndicate.

"You were asleep for three days, you know," the goat hybrid finished. "We weren't sure you would ever wake up."

Ranboo didn't know what to say. He was overjoyed to have conquered The Eggpire, thankful that his family had lived, and...touched that his brother in-law would raid hell just for him.

The enderman was moments away from crying, when suddenly, the door flew open, revealing the piglin himself. "Hey, Tubbo. Dinner's ready if you want- Oh. Hey, Ranboo. How do you feel?"

"Uhm, hey, Techno," the enderman responded. "Good, thanks." With a few grunts in pain, and a careful hand from Tubbo, Ranboo was able to turn his body to face the Blood God, and say, "Listen, Techno. I really can't thank you enough for saving my life back there."

"It was nothing," the hybrid replied. "Besides, it's not like I did it alone. That Slimecicle guy from Las Nevadas knew the way. Said it was a hop, skip, and a jump away from his birthplace or something."

Both Ranboo and Tubbo stared at Technoblade, a mixture of shock and amazement, painting their features. Huh, Ranboo noted. That slime really is something else.

"Well, anyway, I'm gonna go," Technoblade started, drawing Ranboo out of his thoughts. "You two catch up." And with that, the door swung shut, leaving the platonic couple alone once more.

The enderman cleared his throat. "Tubbo, I'm really glad you're alive, but next time you're feeling down, or- I don't know, explosive, just talk to me, okay? You don't have to face it alone. You have me."

A watery smile formed on Tubbo's lips, and with a small sniffle, the goat hybrid threw himself into Ranboo's arms. "Thank you, Ranboo. I- I will. I promise."