Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 2)

Dream and Techno sat against the far-right wall of the obsidian box, quiet, and in their own worlds. The unmasked man stared straight ahead, seemingly unbothered by the silence, while his counterpart was growing restless. The piglin warrior was tired of waiting for something to happen. The fortress was impenetrable with no easy way for him to break out. That left him alone with his once rival now ally, Dream. Techno rolled his eyes. Surely, there had to be something he could be doing; the Blood God could only stay still for so long. "So, what do you do for fun around here?" Techno asked, voice full of spite. "Stare at the wall?"

Dream shrugged. "I used to have a clock that told me if it was day or night."

The piglin hybrid looked around. There were no clocks in sight. "What happened to it?"

"Burned it. Threw it in the lava."

Techno narrowed his eyes at the man in disgust. "So, you're telling me that you threw away our only form of entertainment?"

Dream immediately felt the rage emanating off the warrior piglin, and threw his hands up in self-defense. "Hey, I was possessed! I didn't know what I was doing!"

"No excuse!" the Blood God roared. "I'm stuck in this god-forsaken box with a homeless teletubbie for a cellmate, and he just threw out the only toy. What am I gonna do?!"

Dream sighed. "Look, it was a game me and Sam used to play. I'd throw it in the lava, and he'd come over and replace it. Simple. It was the only company I had for months." A light suddenly went off in Techno's mind. What if they could force the warden to visit them again? They could ambush the creeper hybrid, and make their escape. It was foolproof.

The warrior piglin stood up to survey the cell, trying to find something noteworthy to pitch into the sea. He would've thrown Dream in, but that wouldn't work- he'd already tried that a few days ago. On his first day as a prisoner, Techno had lost his cool, and had pushed his cellmeate over the edge of the box. Moments later, the criminal was back inside, unharmed. The builders of the prison most likely engineered a force field to prevent any deaths. They were clever, but Technoblade was superior.

Techno scanned the remaining items in the room: the cauldron, the glowstone light, their beds- the beds! That was their way out! With no place to sleep, Techno and Dream could delve into a bit of witchcraft and teleport themselves to the outside. It was genius!

The piglin warrior ran over to his bed, and began sliding it across the floor. "Come on, Dream. Help me move this bed."

"Why?"

"Because it can-"

"Gentlemen, there's no need for that." The two prisoners looked up to see Sam riding the transport platform, nearly hallway across the sea of lava. In his hand was a golden trident, one of the most powerful weapons on the server.

Techno and Dream exchanged a wide-eyed glance, and continued to watch the mysterious warden. Why was Sam coming to meet them? Didn't he understand the risks, the dangers associated with that? They could hurt him, or kill him, or-...What if the warden was coming to kill them?

*GASP!* What did Wilbur ask Sam to do? Is Sam going to kill his two prisoners??

Vote to protect Dream and Techno!!

As always, thank you for taking the time to read this story!! Prepare for something...emotional in a few chapters. ;)

[Image Credits] "Bed" (Cropped Slightly) by Graham Haltshausen (https://www

[Image Credits] "Bed" (Cropped Slightly) by Graham Haltshausen (https://www.flickr.com/photos/freedom-studios/5911641179/)