Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 4)

The fox hybrid averted his eyes. "I- Uhm-"

"And how are these dreamons any concern to Snowchester?" the mayor pressed, his icy glare sliding over to Ranboo. "If these dreamons are in Las Nevadas, then that's my problem, not yours."

"We- uhm- made an alliance last night," the enderman halfling stammered. "This is a server-wide threat, which makes it everyone's problem."

A frustrated Quackity pursed his lips into a tight, straight line. "Any alliance with Las Nevadas goes through me, not my citizens. I did not authorize any deals with Snowchester, therefore you have no business being on my land."

Ranboo shared a quick look with Fundy, silently asking what they should do. The fear in the other's eyes told him all he needed to know. "Okay, I guess I'm leaving," the sentient surrendered.

But before either of the two hybrids could leave, Quackity said something that made Ranboo's blood run cold. "You know, all this talk about alliances and politics got me thinking- if this is official business of Snowchester, then where's Tubbo?" the man drawled. "I haven't seen him in a while. How's he been?"

Ranboo flinched. Fundy was the only outsider that knew the truth of Tubbo's death. If the other nations caught on that the young president had died, there would no doubt be chaos. "He's sick," he replied, keeping a cool, outward appearance. "Hasn't been feeling too well."

"Really?" Quackity hummed, his eyebrow raised in suspicion. "I just saw him a few days ago and he was fine." The leader shrugged in indifference, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Oh, well. Tell him I said to get well soon." And, with an air of utter disinterest, the mayor walked off, leaving the two hybrids both confused and concerned.

Fundy sighed, relief flooding his tense body. "Phew! That was close" he breathed. "I thought he was gonna start a war or something!"

The enderman hybrid gulped. "Yeah...That wouldn't be good..."

The fox halfling let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, no. It wouldn't. I mean, I don't think Quackity would actually start a war with Snowchester, but you never know these days, right?"

Ranboo shook his head. War was such a common occurrence on the server, it was almost like an expected part of life. The ongoing threat of violence would, however, most likely complicate his plans to revive Tubbo. The message in his book, Dream's sarcastic confession, the sudden appearance of dreamons- Ranboo could only hope that somehow, everything was connected in this intricate web of clues.

But as Fundy escorted the sentient across the border, there was one detail in particular that plagued Ranboo's mind: Tubbo had met Quackity in secret just days before his death. Was Quackity involved in this mystery as well? The creature added the question to his ever-growing list of worries as he planned his next move.

How is Quackity involved in all this?? Is HE the one behind the Beloved's house fire??

A special guest appears in Chapter 8! Vote to send him good vibes!! :DD (He'll need them...)

And, as always, thank you for the reads and the support on this story!! Your generosity is greatly appreciated. <333

[Image Credits] "Glare" (Cropped Slightly) by D Jabi (https://www

[Image Credits] "Glare" (Cropped Slightly) by D Jabi (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77457694@N00/299044583/)