Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 2)

The hoe that Ranboo had been using was actually an enchanted dreamon hunting tool. Tubbo had been kind enough to gift it to him, knowing that his husband was finally worthy of wielding it. "If we ever run into anymore dreamons, Ranboo, you'll need to know how to perform the ritual," the goat hybrid had explained. "This hoe is only used to perform the actual exorcism. We're lucky we didn't need it for Eret, but who knows what'll happen in the future."

Holding the tool then with a sense of reverence, the enderman had asked, "How do I use it? To perform the ritual, I mean."

"Well, it's simple, really," his platonic partner had claimed. "You dig up some dirt, and you keep tossing it all at one spot. The enchantment will make it form the perfect cleansing arch needed for the exorcism- just make sure the dreamon stays underneath it. If you've done it right, then the dreamon won't be able to move."

Presently, Ranboo studied his target's mobility. Wilbur fixed the hunter with a fierce glare. His body twitched with slight, strained movements, but otherwise stood stone still. The enderman smiled- so far, so good.

"You wretched, miserable, little worm," the dreamon spat. "You think you can release this man from me? I'll never let him go! Never! His soul is mine. Mine! All mine!!"

Ranboo slipped his hand into his pocket, and took out three small eggs. "Yeah, I don't think so." The sentient threw one after the other at the host's feet, watching with satisfaction as every impact made the dreamon shrink in on itself. Now all that remained was the ritual.

"Alright, Wilbur," the enderman started. "Repeat after me: I am one."

The possessed host clamped his mouth shut, and vehemently shook his head.

The sentient tried again. "Wilbur, repeat after me: I am one."

The words seemed to affect the dremaon in a negative way, inciting a certain fear within the wicked being. A line of sweat dripped down from the host's brow, as his lips began to quiver.

"Wilbur, let's try this one more time: I am one."

Something seemed to snap inside the dreamon; he frantically emptied his lungs into the air, and obediently gasped out the phrase. "I am one."

"Good," Ranboo said. "Let's keep going: a soul."

"A- A soul."

"A higher power."

"A- A higher p- power."

"I wish for this to be no more."

The Brit emitted a low whine, holding his head in pain as he screwed his eyes shut. "I...I wish for this to- to be no...more."

Ranboo smiled. They were so close! All they had to do was recite the last line of the chant. The sentient took a deep breath, and said the final line: "I will be fixed."

"I will be...fixed!" Wilbur threw his head back with a loud crack! as he released a twisted scream. His eyes rolled back while the rest of his body trembled.

Ranboo gasped, his hand flying up to cover his mouth. This was it! The cleansing! Fundy had warned him about this part of the ritual...It was something important. What did he say to do again? Wilbur let out yet another animalistic howl just as a thick, black smoke began to pour out from his mouth. Oh, right! He wasn't supposed to look!

Ranboo quickly retreated back a few steps and turned to face the other way. Behind him sounded like an audio file of his worst nightmare. Wilbur's voice was going hoarse off his blood-curdling screams; his shrieks were those of a victim to a gruesome murder. They were the echoes of a memory he'd surely have to suppress- the kind that made your skin crawl and sent a chill down your spine.

Then, the ground behind him rumbled and exploded in bursts of dirt and foliage. A spray of bugs and grass showered down on Ranboo, but he would not give in. He would not risk his brother in-law's life for a glimpse into the world of the occult.

The situation only got worse before it got better, raining rocks and gravel like hellfire, before finally, the poor Brit's voice gave out. The enderman waited for a minute, then two, and soon heard a firm thump! against the ground. It was time.

SUPER QUICK UPDATE NO TIME TO REALLY WRITE A NOTE UP!!

VOTE TO HELP MAKE SURE WILBUR IS NOT POSSESSED AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND LOVE AHHHH <3333333

[Image Credits] "Incense smoke against a black sky" (Cropped Slightly) by Vanessa Pike-Russell (https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilcrabbygal/377418862/)