Chapter 11: The Train Tracks

The minute Quackity's town meeting came to an end, Fundy was racing down to the strip club. Ranboo had texted him not too long ago about a secret cave system under Las Nevadas, and he was more than ready to investigate. As he clamored down the hidden staircase, the fox hybrid wondered what the purpose behind the underground cave was. Maybe it had something to do with the sudden dreamon outbreak? Fundy could only hope- the dreamon hunters desperately needed a new lead, and this could be it.

Finally, at the bottom of the staircase, the fox hybrid paused at the entrance of the cave. This was no natural pocket of the Earth. Only a pick-axe could have carved out a space like this...but with what intention?

Fundy blinked as his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting; he found his partner stood at the center of the cave. "Quite the place, isn't it?" the enderman halfling asked.

"Yeah, but what is it? Why would Quackity bring Wilbur here?"

Ranboo shrugged. "I'm not sure." He gestured to the far wall, and said, "There are some rooms or hallways I haven't explored yet. I'm hoping they can explain everything." Fundy nodded, and followed his partner over to their new lead.

The two boys peered into one of the dark openings, only to find that- "It's a hallway," Fundy answered. "Where do you think it goes?"

"Eret's Pride Palace."

"What makes you say that?" Ranboo pointed at a sign hung next to the doorway. In neat, block-lettering font, the destination was noted: "ERET'S PRIDE PALACE". "Huh. Must've missed that," the fox hybrid muttered.

Fundy glanced at all the other openings that lined the back wall, and asked, "What about all the others? Do you think they're hallways, too?"

Ranboo silently scanned over the dozens of uncharted doorways, and hummed. "There's only one way to find out."

As it turned out, each opening was, in fact, another hallway. Some tunnels were like the first, but others were lit by torch and featured train tracks. The cave was essentially a train station under Las Nevadas, still under construction, and yet partly operational.

Fundy gave a low whistle as he shook his head. "Wow. This is crazy, man. I wonder why Quackity even built-" A high-pitched beeping noise rang through the air, and echoed off the cavern's walls. "Oh. My phone."

Fundy dug the device out of his pocket. He took one look at the message on screen and scoffed. "Another mandatory meeting," he spat. "What does he want?! We just had one like half an hour ago."

"It sounds like Quackity is keeping an eye on you," Ranboo surmised. "He didn't seem too happy to see me the other day. He might just be making sure you're not in Snowchester or something."

Fundy groaned. "Great. Now, I got the mayor watching my every move. I better go so he doesn't suspect anything. See ya later, Ranboo."

As Ranboo saw Fundy off, one of the tunnels caught his eye. It was at the end of all the openings, the last in line on the far wall. Now that he thought about it, Ranboo couldn't remember checking that particular hallway; he'd have to rectify that immediately. But upon approaching the opening, the sentient froze, eyes wide in horror.

On the sign was the name of a very familiar place, one that the being held close to this heart. Only he and three others, not counting his son, inhabited the area. No one outside the circle knew of its location- no one...until now. In bold, black paint, the sign said it all: "THE SYNDICATE".

QUACKITY KNOWS WHERE THE SYNDICATE IS?!?! WHAT COULD THAT MEAN?!?

Is he behind the attack on the Beloveds?? Vote to send Ranboo down the tunnel!!

As always, thank you so much for even reading this story!! Ranboo sends his love <333

[Image Credits] "Cappadocia / Derinkuyu" (Cropped Slightly) by Elena Pleskevich (https://www

[Image Credits] "Cappadocia / Derinkuyu" (Cropped Slightly) by Elena Pleskevich (https://www.flickr.com/photos/astique/3553755516/)