Chapter 32: The Reckoning (Part 2)

Bad peaked out from behind the curtain, a toothy grin forming as he scanned the growing crowd. It was perfect, just perfect. Everything was falling into place. Members of the Eggpire rushed this way and that, pouring drinks and dishing out platters to their guests. The majority of the server was in attendance, all dressed to the nines in their crimson robes.

"Your Highness," the demon hybrid addressed under his breath, "look how they worship you. It's only a matter of time before they follow you as well."

A low, whispery voice slithered through Bad's mind, grasping the hybrid's consciousness in a strong, mental link: "Deliver on your word, son of hell, and you shall be rewarded."

A confident smirk found its way on Bad's lips. "It would be my pleasure, Master."

"Tubbo?"

The goat hybrid turned around. Over the sea of people, Tubbo saw the familiar orange ears of a certain fox hybrid. The two met behind the rows of chairs, both seemingly surprised by the other's presence. "Fundy? I thought you were with Michael."

Another familiar face pushed its way through the crowd, wearing a striking red kimono: his father, Philza. "Don't worry, mate. He's right here." Sure enough, upon inspecting the small bundle in Philza's arms, Tubbo found his son. The tiny piglin dozed quietly, snoring softly in his sleep. Tubbo cooed at the piglin child, rubbing the top of his son's head affectionately.

"What are you two doing here?" the goat hybrid asked.

"Well, I could ask the same to you!" Fundy exclaimed.

"Seems like everyone got an invitation to be here," Philza explained. "It sounded urgent."

Tubbo furrowed his brow. He had received a similar sounding text on his communicator from Bad not too long ago. He'd thought this was going to be a meeting of the nations' leaders- why was everyone else here?

"Do you know what this is about?" he asked.

Fundy shook his head; Philza offered a shrug.

"Not a clue."

"No idea."

Tubbo sighed. "And has anyone seen Ranboo? I haven't seen him since yesterday." Again, his family was no help.

Philza turned his head towards the stage and hummed with interest. "Oh. Looks like they're starting. Let's go sit down."

The three adults subsequently filed down the center aisle, and located some chairs towards the middle, seated on the righthand side.