Chapter 9: The Caves

After his stint in Las Nevadas, Ranboo nearly lost Fundy as an ally. Quackity had been more than a little suspicious about Ranboo's presence; the next morning, he called an emergency town meeting, mandatory for all Las Nevadas citizens. Thus, Fundy would be forced to attend, or risk being the subject of an intense round of questioning by the mayor. The enderman hybrid was on his own.

From the entrance of The Cookie Shop, Ranboo watched the sun rise over the city of gambling, the golden rays of light beaming proudly over the cobblestone bridge. What Ranboo didn't expect was to see a visitor walking on said bridge, especially not one Wilbur Soot. Last he'd heard, Wilbur had sworn never to enter the city of diamonds, as they'd recently rejected his bid for citizenship. An oddity such as this was worth investigating, and that's exactly what Ranboo did.

The sentient climbed down from his perch on the hill and made his way onto the bridge, keeping a careful distance from his target. The former revolutionary strolled down the main roadway and promptly turned to enter the strip club. That's odd, the sentient thought. Didn't Wilbur marry a fish hybrid? What's he doing in a strip club?

Footsteps echoed down from one of the side roads, forcing Ranboo to hide behind a nearby building. When he peeked around the corner to identify the stranger, the sentient's jaw dropped. What's Quackity doing here? Wasn't he supposed to be at the town meeting? Sure enough, the mayor of Las Nevadas strode down the street, as solemn and as hurried as ever. Moments later, the businessman entered the very same club as Wilbur.

Ranboo was beyond confused. Two of the server's most notorious leaders just happened to enter the same establishment minutes apart? Something had to be going on. Ranboo ran to crouch just under the window of the target building; he raised himself up just enough to peer inside, only to find the club nearly empty. The two leaders sat in the back of the strip club, sitting comfortably on one of the many fur couches.

They looked to be deep in conversation, when they suddenly got up and walked over to the hot tub- Ranboo's eyes widened. Oh gods, please no, he begged. My pure, innocent eyes- Fortunately, their destination was not the hot tub. Quackity pressed his hand against the black wall to reveal a hidden door. Wilbur followed the mayor into the secret space, letting the door close behind them.

A secret room in the back of a strip club spelled out trouble as far as Ranboo was concerned. It might not be the key to hunting dreamons, or solving Tubbo's homicide, but it certainly was an intriguing new development for the server. And, as acting President of Snowchester, Ranboo was obligated to find out more, lest his enemies gain some sort of advantage.

The sentient snuck inside the club, and made his way to the hot tub in the corner. He pressed his hand flat against the wall, and the hidden door creaked open. The being found himself standing at the top of a long, stone staircase, dark with an ending of unknown origin. There was only one way to unearth its secrets, so Ranboo made the journey down.

What's Wilbur doing in Las Nevadas?? And what's at the bottom of the staircase??

Vote to light a torch for Ranboo!! :DD

And, as always, your support for this story means the world to me! Y'all are sweeter than honey. <333

[Image Credits] "stone stairs" (Cropped Slightly) by Martina Rathgens (https://www

[Image Credits] "stone stairs" (Cropped Slightly) by Martina Rathgens (https://www.flickr.com/photos/31091837@N08/2907433852)