Chapter 35: The Finale (Part 2)

(!) Trigger Warning: Implied Suicidal Intentions, Mentions of Death, Mourning Character Death (!)

Meanwhile, within The Egg's tentacle enclosure, a thunderous crack! was heard overhead, followed by a resounding BOOM!. The vines above snapped and broke, fracturing into a web of deep fissures. And in a nightmarish turn of events, the ceiling began to crumble. The audience screamed as bits of red tentacle rained down like hellfire.

Tubbo watched as one by one, residents were either buried alive, or were lucky enough to dodge death. The ceiling just above him was beginning to split; he had to move-

"DADA!"

Tubbo whirled around, wide-eyed with shock, to find Philza still trapped in vines. Michael struggled against his grandfather's hold, desperate to be with his father once more. Tubbo blanched- he had to free his family, now. "It's okay, Michael! Dada's here! Just stay calm!" The piglin whined as his father tugged and tugged at the confines that held his son. Nothing was working; the vines were too tight. Tubbo groaned. "Why won't these vines just die?!"

The tendrils above where Tubbo had previously sat suddenly crumbled and fell, crushing the seats upon impact. A certain fox hybrid popped up from behind the remains, flabbergasted beyond belief. "Gods, did you see that?! I could've died!!"

"Yes, that's very nice, Fundy," the goat hybrid voiced sarcastically. "Help me free Philza and Michael. Quick!" The fox scurried on over and just began to pull on the vines when the second nuke landed.

BOOM!!

The sudden bang reverberated throughout the crimson enclosure, echoing off the walls again and again. The tendrils continued to crumble, and the audience proceeded to scream.

"What was that?!" Fundy yelled. "Where did that come from?!"

"I don't care! As long as it's not here!" Tubbo shot back. "Just get rid of the vines!"

This time, when Fundy pulled on them, the tendrils broke clean off. "Hey! It worked!"

Tubbo stopped to stare at the broken and brittle piece in the fox hybrid's hands, but quickly returned to his work. "Alright. Keep going!"

The two hybrids were finally able to free their family just as the third missile struck.

BOOM!!!

The wall of tentacles facing the stage suddenly caved in on itself, blowing chunks of deceased matter back at the crowd. The small family dove for cover under their row of chairs just as bits of vine flew by overhead.

"Jesus, this is a nightmare!" Philza exclaimed. "When will it end?!"

"I don't know!!' Tubbo cried. "I don't know!!"

It was an eternity later when the turmoil finally stopped. Loss and death hung in the air like an omen of despair. The survivors teetered on the edge of joy and sorrow, happy to have lived through darkness, but distraught by the loss of loved ones. Tubbo dared to look up from his hiding place, and immediately fell back on the ground.