Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 3)

The creeper hybrid held a stoic demeanor as he stepped off the platform, his stance solemn and firm. Dream kept a wary eye on the man as he himself came to a stand. "What do you want, Sam?" he spat, trying to sound like the criminal people thought he was.

The warden levelled his stony-faced gaze at the man, and replied, "You're free, Dream."

The unmasked man flinched, pure disbelief flooding his mind. "Wh- What? Why?!"

"Wilbur's orders," the hybrid said. "You're needed to rule the SMP kingdom. Let's go."

Dream, the former evil genius that plunged the server into chaos, was free?! Techno could no longer hold his tongue as waves of fury rolled over him. "Hey! What about me?!"

The warden gave the piglin a look of indifference. "You are a threat to the peace that is to come," Sam responded. "I've been ordered to execute you effective immediately."

"WHAT?!" The Blood God saw red. How dare those bastards condemn him to death? He was a hero amongst the server, a harbinger of justice and vengeance upon corrupt governments. He deserved honor and respect, and he was going to get it.

Techno took a step towards the warden, fully intent on setting the world right, when suddenly, Dream intervened. "That won't be necessary, Sam. Technoblade's with me. He's my right-hand man."

Both the creeper and the piglin paused. Techno knew it was a lie, and so did Dream, but based on that last meeting with the server's powers, he knew Dream could bluff his way out of anything. Techno just hoped that this time was no different. 

The creeper halfling seemed unsure about the piglin warrior's role. "But Wilbur said-"

"Plans change, Sam," Dream argued. "I've seen to it that Techno will be our enforcer, the executioner of our will over the server. After all, no one would stand against us if it meant death at the hands of the Blood God."

The warden paused, and thankfully, nodded his head in agreement. "Come on, Blood God," Sam monotoned. "Time to serve your king."

The three humanoids crossed the sea of lava, and made their way to the main entrance of the fortress. At the threshold of the prison, Dream clapped his hand on Sam's shoulder, and said, "Thank you, Sam. Your loyalty will not be forgotten."

And with that, the two ex-convicts were off. They tore through the surrounding forest in glee, shrieks of liberty piercing the air. They were free, and that's all that mattered. For now, they would celebrate their life on the outside; they could consider the looming threat of war tomorrow.

The minute Dream and Techno had fled the clearing, a certain dark figure materialized next to the warden, an evil smirk fixed on his face. "Excellent job, Sam," Wilbur cheered darkly. "It won't be long before Dream ascends his rightful throne."

The warden turned to face the deranged man, and quietly asked, "Can I be of anymore service to the plan, sir?"

Wilbur hummed. "Why yes, actually. You can. Why don't you pay our dear friend, Philza, a visit? I'm sure he'd like some company with Ranboo being so busy these days." The Brit chuckled. "And I'm sure Michael would love a new playmate as well, don't you think?" The creeper hybrid gave his leader an obedient nod, and walked off into the darkness.

The Brit could only cackle in delight as the pieces of his master plan came together. "Yes," he sneered. "Soon, the world will be mine."

NOT PHILZA AND MICHAEL NOOOOOOO!!!

Vote to send Techno and Dream to The Syndicate!!

As always, thank you so much for reading and supporting this story!! Ily more than Wilbur loves his diabolical plans. ;)

[Image Credits] "Fountain Silhouettes" (Cropped Slightly) by Dwayne Bent (https://www

[Image Credits] "Fountain Silhouettes" (Cropped Slightly) by Dwayne Bent (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zengei/6236416618)