Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 3)

Dream cast a wary eye over his visitors before he seamlessly slid into character: a no-nonsense dictator with a penchant for violence. He only hoped he could hold the façade.

"I haven't seen Tubbo in the past few days," Wilbur began.

"Well, Ranboo was in Las Nevadas the other day," Quackity offered, "and he said Tubbo wasn't feeling well."

BadBoyHalo hummed. Unlike his human companions, Bad was a demon hybrid. He preferred to take his time before responding, seeing every chance to communicate as an opportunity to manipulate. "You know, I haven't seen Philza around either."

"Do you think their disappearances are connected, Bad?" Dream asked. The demon halfling nodded, his glowing, white eyes narrowing in suspicion. But before he could commit to a verbal response, Wilbur intervened.

"It doesn't matter," the Brit answered. "We're here to discuss the constitution of The Five Crowns." The former revolutionary pulled a folded paper from the inside of his trench coat. He slightly adjusted the placement of his glasses, and read: "We, The Five Crowns, are all in alliance to unite the server in five equally independent nations to put an end to unnecessary warfare."

Wilbur raised a questioning gaze to look each member of his audience in the eye. "Are we all still in agreement?" Everyone nodded, indicating their approval of the terms.

"Of course, we're in agreement. Nothing's changed there," Bad hissed. "Does no one seriously know where Tubbo is?"

"No, he hasn't stopped by the prison," Dream monotoned.

"I haven't seen him in Las Nevadas," Quackity said.

"And I haven't seen him in that fortress near your border," Wilbur replied.

The man knit his brow into a question as he turned to Dream and asked, "Did you send Ranboo to complete Phase One?"

"Yeah," the fake criminal confirmed. "He was sleepwalking a week ago when he visited the jail. I triggered his enderwalk, and I ordered him to complete his task the next day."

"And what were the results?"

Dream sighed. "Ranboo swung by the morning after the fire. The house was burned down, but he didn't say if Tubbo was dead or alive."

"Interesting," Quackity muttered. "When I asked Ranboo about Tubbo, he avoided the question. He may be hiding his husband's whereabouts."

"That's right!" Bad shouted, pointing a long, ebony finger at the mayor. "He obviously doesn't want to sign the constitution. It only makes sense!"

Dream knew the missing goat hybrid was in serious danger, but the question was...how much? "How do you suggest we find Tubbo?" he asked.