006b - Truth Part 2

(006b - Truth Part 2)

There is something I want to address in the author's note at the end of this chapter. Please do not skip it because it is very important and it will help you in the course of the book.

Please read it, and give feedback. Thank you❤️.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

Truth (Part 1) Recap

"I-It was a l-lie." I started, my voice coming out in stutters. "I-I didn't tell y-you the truth."

"You have to stop speaking in riddles because I don't understand what you mean. Hilary, whatever it is, you can tell us. We are your parents." Dad cooed softly. I took a deep breath, shaking my head.

If only it was that simple.

"We lied, Henry and I. We didn't out for a drive that night." I revealed. Mum finally turned to face me, her face void of any emotion.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her voice still hoarse. I felt sobs clog my throat again, so I had to clear my throat. I can't cry now. But at the end of the day, I probably won't be able to help the tears from flowing. Not after what I'm about to reveal.

"H-Henry... He came to get me." I started, clearing my throat yet again. "I had snuck out to meet up with Jidenna earlier even after you told me not to go out. Henry found out and came to get me so that I wouldn't get into more trouble with you.-

And that was when it happened."

"Oh, God," Mum muttered, clasping her palm over her mouth.

_______________________________________________________

𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐟 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖
𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Hilary, you are not going out and that is final," Mum said to me with a tone of finality. I scoffed, getting annoyed.

"Why not?! It's not even that late, I'll be back before ten." I countered and she looked at me incredulously.

"It's eight in the night! Forget the fact that you and your friends live in estates, It's dangerous out there at this time. And don't pull the whole I'm old enough to take care of myself card on me, you are just seventeen. You are still a kid, my kid" She retorted back, sipping coffee from the mug she was holding.