Chapter 2 - White, pink & blue

Only 4 students got into the Hero course via recommendations which meant they were already accepted into U.A. without having to go through the entrance exams. Todoroki Shouto was one of the students who got in through recommendations; his dual Quirk was amazing because it allowed him to have 2 powers in the form of 1 Quirk. However, he will not use the fiery power on his left side though. He decided he will become an exceptional Hero with only the icy powers on his right side. 

"Hm?" On his way to school, he saw a cute girl with blue shoulder length hair wearing U.A.'s uniform sitting on a swing inside of a park. She's eating melon bread, it must be her breakfast. The shoe on her right foot was loose and hanging from her toes and when she kicked her right foot, she accidentally kicked her own shoe away. 

"Ah...!" The girl's reaction told Todoroki that wasn't supposed to happen. She scoffed the bread quickly and with a stuffed mouth, she hopped over to her shoe and she bent down to get it. Doing so, the stuff from her rucksack slide out over the back of her head because she forgot to close the flap of her rucksack. "Ah...!" Again, the reaction told Todoroki that wasn't supposed to happen and while the girl got her shoe back on, she needed to pick up the rest of her stuff from the ground. "So there's my eraser." She thought her eraser was missing the whole time. She smiled a little because finding lost things after so long felt like it's a present from herself to herself. She put her things back into her rucksack and stood up to turn to the entrance of the park.

Todoroki wondered why he stood there and watched the girl for a good while because the girl now noticed Todoroki had been standing there watching her blundering her way through getting her shoe back on. 

The girl blushed and she bowed to greet Todoroki. However, her stuff fell out of her rucksack because she forgot to close the flap of her rucksack. Again. 

Todoroki walked over to the girl and he picked her things up for her. He wouldn't tell her this but seeing her blunder up made him forget about his father.

"Thank you." She said to him.

"You should remember to close your bag." After he put her stuff into her bag, he closed it for her.

"Y-yeah. Thank you." She started to walk away. 

Why was she going that way? When U.A.'s the other way? Oh well, not his problem. He tried to ignore it for a good while but then he walked back for the girl. "Are you going to U.A.? It's this way." 

"Eh? It is?" She took a map hand-drawn map from her pocket. Todoroki could see she's reading it wrong- it's upside-down! Todoroki flipped it the right way up for her. "Oh." 

"...shall I lead the way?" He guessed she must be a General Studies student or something. He didn't mind helping someone who needed help.

The girl smiled and she followed Todoroki, "You're so kind~." 

He didn't say anything. 

The walk between them was silent from here on out. Todoroki wasn't sure what to say to her because he's not a talkative person and he's not going to U.A. to make friends. He glanced to the side and he saw she was missing. He looked around and he saw her a few meters away from him. What was she looking at so intently? He walked over to her- to the wall where there's a promotional poster on the wall. 

"Pancake House are promoting their raindrop cakes, it looks good~!" 

"...you just ate breakfast." 

"I know, but it's good to think about what you want to eat later too. It looks good~." 

Todoroki looked at the raindrop cake on the poster and he came to one conclusion: "Soba's better."