Chapter 5.5

"Ranfa, you really are strong." 

"For a girl, right?" 

"Huh? No! I mean it. You really are strong. I think you will be a great Hero for sure. I mean, your Quirk is flashy and amazing. I think you will go far once you graduate from U.A." 

Ranfa glanced at him, "You make it sound like you won't become a great Hero. Don't push yourself down like that. Everyone is a Hero in their own way. Everyone has their own paths. We might not end up walking the same path; my path might be smoother than your rocky path right now, but at some point our paths will intersect into the same goal." She looked at him with a determined look in her eyes, "As long as you don't lose the will to keep going, the fire in your heart will never ever be extinguished." 

"R-Ranfa...that's so cool!" He put his arm over her shoulders and he laughed; it meant so much to him to hear her say that. Not only was it cool but because it meant a lot for someone like him to hear all that. "Thank you." 

"Huh? I didn't do anything to be thanked. Are you stupid?" 

"Hahaha! Don't be like that~!" 

"Hmph." 

"Heh! Oh! Wait here, Ranfa!" He left her to go into a shop. He then came back out with a meat bun.

"You want to eat in front of me?" 

"No." He split the meat bun and he held out the bigger half just for her. "I thought I had money for two more but I only have enough for one. Seems like eating fast food with the boys made me overspend a little."

"You didn't have to." 

"But I want to. This is something friends do, right? Sharing food on the way back is fun. Ah! I didn't ask if you wanted one or not!" 

Ranfa smiled a little and she held her hand out, "I'll eat it." 

Kirishima hand her half to her and she took a bite out of it. "Hm, this is good." 

"Right? You know? You're actually pretty nice." 

"Huh? What's with that?" 

"I mean it. You were so cold to Michiyo and you don't get along with Ashido for some reason. I don't like the way you push everyone away, Ranfa." 

"...am I- Am I supposed to be bothered by what you just said?" 

He's not sure if she's being sarcastic or not but he took no mind to it even if it was sarcasm. "I'm sure everyone wants to get to know you properly too. We're going to be classmates so let's be friends!" 

"And if I don't want to?" 

"But you do want to, Ranfa. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked me to walk you home, right? That's not what someone who doesn't want to be friends do." 

"Hmph." 

He patted her on the head with his hand after he wiped it with a tissue. He figured she will kill him if he wiped food on her head so he did that first. 

Ranfa looked away. 

"The back of your ears are a little red, Ranfa. Are you ill or something?" 

"I'm fine." 

"Really? It's really red." 

"Dammit, I said I am fine!" When she whipped her head to face him, she was blushing. 

"Can it be...you like to have your head patted?" 

"Stop it." 

"Haha! You're really cute!"