Chapter 71 - Right and Wrong

Edgeshot was able to deal with the sniper on the other side of the hospital. He was thankful the enemy decided to attack in the middle of the night. Even if they wore night vision goggles, they're unable to see where the attack was coming from because Edgeshot was so fast.

'If they're of this calibre, I don't have to worry about Sakura Gozen.' Edgeshot thought to himself. However, something else was bothering him. How did the enemies know about which room to attack? Only the health secretary, Dr Kuroki's medical team for the heart transplant operation, himself and Ranfa know about which room Kanda Seigi will use.

"As if I will get caught here!" The sniper was a male and he injected something through the neck  "You Heroes who only protect the rich should die!" 

"That drug-! Trigger-?!" Edgeshot didn't expect the enemy would have Trigger, a Quirk enhancing drug, with them!

"For my daughter...!" Edgeshot watched as the man's eyeball began grow bigger and bigger that the man's body was getting sucked in along with the sniper. The next thing Edgeshot knew, a bullet was shot through from the pupil! Edgeshot barely dodged it but he felt the bullet touch his face! 

'So quick! I almost got shot in the face!' He didn't even have time to stop and think about what was going on because the giant eyeball blinked once and smaller eyeballs were flying about. One of the eyeball's pupil shot out a bullet at Edgeshot but he dodged it with ease now that he knew what the smaller eyeball was capable of. In the middle of dodging, he watched where the bullet went and he watched it go into another eyeball only to come back out faster than when it was first shot out. This time, Edgeshot barely dodged it. 'I can't let the bullets get too fast that I can't dodge it. Eventually, it will exceed a speed I can dodge.' This wouldn't be a problem if it was only one eye ball but there's probably more than thousands of them all looking at his way. Not only that, the aim was scarily accurate to miss Edgeshot and not hit anywhere else because when a bullet missed him, an eyeball intercepted the bullet to re-direct it back to Edgeshot for the sake of shooting him correctly. 'This person...I can't read him because all that's left are eyeballs but he's not aiming for anything other than me. Is he making sure to keep me here? Can it be? He's stalling me to give someone else time to target the patient?' 

Seeing as though he's being stalled, Edgeshot decided he needed to get rid of the enemy in front of him! "Ninpo: Thousand Sheet Pierce!" He used his Quirk to flatten and twist himself into a pointed string and he struck through the many eyeballs. It was hard to see in the dark too. He couldn't get all the eyeballs at once. The eyeballs he pierced through disappeared only to reappear again. "I see. I need to get them all at once or they will regenerate." 'It isn't in my favor to fight him here in the open.' He thought to himself. He needed to regroup with Ranfa!

Edgeshot didn't even hesitate when he jumped off the edge of the building!

"...!" Edgeshot watched the eyeballs gather and make up a soft wall. Edgeshot used it as footing and he jumped backwards back to the rooftop. He was trying to jump towards the hospital to see how the eyeballs would react. This way, he confirmed the sniper's intention was keeping him here. 'Sakura Gozen...!'

Back with Ranfa, watched a woman dressed in all black coming towards her. Ranfa couldn't see the woman's eyes because they were covered by her very long hair.

"Back off." Ranfa warned the woman. "I'm giving you a chance to leave. Leave this area. Now." 

The woman did not take her warning. She removed her gloves and she clapped her hands once and touched the floor!

'...! Why did she do that? Nothing happened-' Or so she thought. Something did happen. A pitch black figure emerged from her shadow! Ranfa made the diamond sword turn into dust and it formed a shield behind her! 'The shadow drew its sword at me!' Ranfa kicked her own shadow away and it felt exactly kicking a person! "Kuh-?!" But after kicking the shadow in the abdomen, Ranfa felt the pain of someone kicking her in the abdomen!