Chapter 64 - Babysitting Part 2

Little Michiyo was pouting because she's annoyed with Dabi. "I'm not talking to Daddy from now on! Suck a di-" 

"Woah there. It's one thing not wanting to talk to me but what you're about to say is not something a kid should say. Who is teaching you such foul words?"

Thanks to Bakugou Katsuki's foul mouth in just two days, five year old Michiyo learnt some...creative words that should not be spoken by a child. We all know what she's about to say but for the sake of the child, let's pretend not to see it. 

"Bakugou." 

"If I were you, Ignore it. Wait, why am I apologizing to you when it's your own fault the balloon flew away? I told you to keep hold of it." 

"Hmm..." She saw someone selling balloons and she wanted one. She was playing with it up until she accidentally let go of it after she tripped.

Dabi sighed and he took her to the park's tap to wash away the dirt from where she scraped after the fall. "You did well not crying." 

"Hmm...but I feel sad the balloon gone bye bye." 

"Bye bye, huh?" Dabi still remember how he last left Michiyo when she tried to reach out to him. As a villain, he should have taken Michiyo along. Michiyo could have become an asset for the League of Villains to use. Dabi wasn't stupid. He's aware Michiyo had a soft spot for him. He could have taken advantage of it and convince her to come to his side. Dabi didn't drag her into his world. He didn't dislike the idea of making her side with him but at the same time he didn't dislike the idea of her being a Hero coming to 'save' him. Maybe he's being a hypocrite but he wanted her to be happy. He couldn't be the one to make her happy in this world. He looked at her face and he couldn't help but wonder if there's such thing as a parallel world. Was there a world where he's the one making her happy? So stupid. Why was it that he think about stupid things when Michiyo's in front of him? "Bye bye is painful, huh?" He wondered what happened to Michiyo after he threw her to Todoroki. He pushed it into the back of his mind until something reminded him of Michiyo will make that question pop up. Did she cry? Was she angry at him? Was she disappointed in him? He will never have an answer for it. "I wonder if you hate me now?" He didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Huh?" 

"Nothing. How about I make it up to you then?" 

"How?" 

Dabi smiled lazily, "What is it that Michiyo want the most?" 

"Hmm??? Anything?" 

"Go on. As long as it's not too annoying."

"Hee."

Dabi wondered what the little girl wanted to do. She took him into a convenience shop and she bought a bag of marshmallows and a packet of wooden skewers. 

"Don't tell me-"

"Daddy, I want to eat roasted marshmallows." 

"Do you have four stomachs or something?"

"You said I can have anything I want. You're the one who said so." 

"So you want to eat." 

"No." 

"What? Then what's the point of the marshmallows if it's not because you want to eat?" If this was Toga or Twice, he would have burnt them with his fire but because it's Michiyo as a five year old, he put up with her. 

"I want to see your blue fire." 

Ah. Dabi now understood why Michiyo's always on his mind. Every time he see his own fire, he will always remember how his first meeting with her ended with the murder he committed for her. Through her, he was a Hero in some way. And the tone of blue of his fire looked similar to the blue of her hair.