Chapter 42 - Destroyer of Destiny

Ranfa's new addition to her Hero costume was the Higanbana sword given to her by Yoroi Musha. A crimson red blade inside of a red scabbard. The blade was a legendary blade said to have stained the battlefield with blood from enemies. The sword was called the Higanbana sword because it had the kanji for red spider lily engraved on the side of the blade. That sword was a weapon Ranfa could use if an enemy was not worth her using her Quirk on them. With an actual sword, Ranfa didn't need to fight with the fear of breaking it and kill someone else with it.

"Go on. Use your Quirk and pull out a sword. I'll wait." The graceful villain said to her.

'He's confident with his own abilities that he's allowing me to use my Quirk. Not only that, he even knows how my Quirk works.' "Hmph. You're strange for a villain. Shouldn't you attack me from behind?"

"It is dishonorable to attack someone from behind."

"I should thank you then, huh?" Ranfa touched her heart and she decided to use her Quirk on herself and pull out the diamond sword from herself with Resonance. 'Michiyo's sword will give me the greatest advantage. I have to finish this fight quick.' Ranfa charged towards the villain and she jumped! "Dance of Diamond: Flawless Cut!" There's nothing in this world diamond couldn't cut! She's going to make him immobile so she could continue her search for Michiyo!

The villain just sighed in disappointment. "As a fellow sword user, here I was getting excited this will be a battle worth my time. I'm disappointed." He jumped towards her and he landed rather gracefully too after he disappeared in an instant when he was right in front of her. Ranfa was cut. The cuts were not deep but he definitely injured her.

'The way he came down flawlessly to even injure me in such a painless way...!' The fact she didn't even feel pain from the cuts he made wasn't good; if this villain could do this to her painlessly- what could he do painfully? Slowly, she looked over her shoulder. For once in her life, she found herself hesitating. She could feel her hands shaking slightly.

The villain's sword was out of the dark blue scabbard. When the moon shone on his blade, Ranfa looked over her shoulder to see the kanji '運命滅殺' engraved on the side of the blade which meant 'Destroyer of Destiny'.

The samurai0like villain wrapped a cloth around the bottom half of his face. Why? Because he knew Ranfa will definitely use Michiyo's sword. He's defending himself from the diamond dust technique. Having intel shared within the League of Villains helped. "My name is Sakamichi Nobunaga. For the sake of the world I'm striving to protect, please die." He charged right in! He's fast!

'Dance of Diamond: Diamond Dust!' The diamond blade dispersed into very fine diamond dusts and she controlled the dusts to fly around him and cut him. "If I cut your ankles, you can't move, can you?!"

But Sakamichi was right behind her. "That is if you can cut me, right?"

"You-!"

His blade clashed with the diamond dusts that were behind her! Ranfa prevented a clean cut to her back! Ranfa let go of the handle of the sword and the handle became part of the diamond dusts too. Ranfa's right eye became red just like Kirishima's. 'Resonance!" She pulled out Kirishima's sword from her chest and she attacked the samurai-like villain. She had to figure out how his Quirk work!

From the look of things, it seemed like they were clashing swords on equal footing because neither was able to land a clean hit on the other. However, if one were to observe, it was clear Sakamichi had the advantage and that was due to experience due to years of honing his skills as a sword user. Also, the only reason why his blade wasn't landing a hit on her anymore was because Ranfa was using the diamond dusts from Michiyo's diamond sword to surround herself from him.